Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

wheel refinishing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 01:07 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wheel refinishing

so after lots of tire changes, coupled with sloppy workers at the tire shops... and ONE mistake on my part, my OEM 19s are all scratched up and in bad condition and I'm interested in having them refinished.

can anybody recommend a good place to take/send them that does a great job for a good price

Im in charlotte NC, btw

Old 02-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm also interested in this however i'm looking into possibly doing it myself, whats a proper polish for the oem 19's? i don't know if i should use a special polish (metal?) or one that i would use on paint?

Old 02-07-2010, 12:58 PM
If you Google around or ask your local car guys, body shops or detailers, some outfits are doing this in a mobile service right on your vehicle.

Some styling shops have people they deal with and they'll remove the tires, send them out for about $100 each and put the tires back on for you.

There's also a place that does OEM coatings, http://www.helioscoatingsinc.com/metallight.html, and they have some neat chrome-like finishes or even black chrome, if you want a different look.

If you want to do it yourself, DupliColor has a line of wheel paints you can buy in the auto parts store.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:53 PM
for 100 bucks a wheel, you can have it sandblasted and powdercoated instead...my wheels are still in good condition, but i wouldn't mind cleaning them up a bit, just to make them perfect.

I also might be painting the inside of my wheels because one of them had a whole bunch of tar and i had to scuff away the paint, but not the primer thats underneath, can anybody reccomend a duplicolor that will work best on the inside of my wheels? i don't want it to be glossy, but not flat, more of a satin look. Do i need a high heat duplicolor because its nearby the brakes? Should i clear coat on top of the duplicolor?