Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Detailing tip of the week

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Detailing tip of the week

I know i dont know everything there is about detailing or cleaning cars or products but i do know some tips i've learned so i figure why on share them and others can too....

let me know if this a good thread to follow...

and here is mine...

so Maintianing your wheels finish while mazimizing shine is easy you could Start by cleaning wheels first then Applying a quick coat of RIMWAX of your choice bi-weekly and it will help reduce brake dust by 50% while enhancing and maintianing your rim and wheel finishes for years to come, it's work for me.....DOMO

Old 03-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Detailing tip of the week: reason why a microfiber towel has two sides is because one side its for applying a product and the other to buff the product off. that's why always be picky about the towels you buy and what you use them for...

Old 03-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
umm..don't all towels have two sides?

Old 03-11-2010, 05:19 PM
on some one side is softer than the other...

Old 03-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Deepdiver
umm..don't all towels have two sides?
I believe he means the towels that have 2 different nap lengths on either side, one side short and the other side fluffier.

And OP, what products do you use the are applied by a quality microfiber that has two sides? You shouldn't really use microfibers to apply products, they have split strands and you're going to waste A LOT of product since the split strand will absorb the product into it, rather than applying it. It will clog and reduce the effectiveness of the microfiber, since the reason it cleans so well is the fact that it can absorb the stuff you don't want on the paint into the microfiber, instead of just being dragged along the paint. The long nap side should be used for products such as a quick detailer to remove light dirt, dust, etc, while the shorter side is great for buffing off products since the shorter nap will not move around as much.

There's a great microfiber information thread posted as a sticky in this forum, read up on it.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by Darkstar752
I believe he means the towels that have 2 different nap lengths on either side, one side short and the other side fluffier.

And OP, what products do you use the are applied by a quality microfiber that has two sides? You shouldn't really use microfibers to apply products, they have split strands and you're going to waste A LOT of product since the split strand will absorb the product into it, rather than applying it. It will clog and reduce the effectiveness of the microfiber, since the reason it cleans so well is the fact that it can absorb the stuff you don't want on the paint into the microfiber, instead of just being dragged along the paint. The long nap side should be used for products such as a quick detailer to remove light dirt, dust, etc, while the shorter side is great for buffing off products since the shorter nap will not move around as much.

There's a great microfiber information thread posted as a sticky in this forum, read up on it.

found it...great info...

now anyone other tips we should know about?

Old 03-17-2010, 09:07 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
i use regular cleaner wax on my wheels. i use cleaner wax for everything really. haha

but for paint, i finish off with mothers pure carnuba wax. inexpensive and gives me the best shine so far.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:55 PM
Detailing tip of the week : what to do first when detailing your car (interior, engine, wheels and last exterior)

Old 03-24-2010, 01:58 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
Interior>Wheels> Exterior is how I do it.

does not really matter only thing is to do wheels before the body.

Old 04-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Detailing tip of the week: when fully detailing the exterior of your car (wash,clay,seal,glaze,wax) you should be using 6-12 towels min. preferable double sided microfiber towels with silk trimming

Old 04-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Detailing tip of the week " when applying dressing to your interior vinyl apply gently as if you did with wax in a circular motion but to reduce it from attracting dust after applying the dressing, simply wipe down with a microfiber towel to give it a fresh look"

Old 04-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SWGUY
Detailing tip of the week " when applying dressing to your interior vinyl apply gently as if you did with wax in a circular motion but to reduce it from attracting dust after applying the dressing, simply wipe down with a microfiber towel to give it a fresh look"
I like to spray the dressing onto a applicator and then wipe the panels. this way overspay won't get onto the windows which is hard to remove since it's oily and just smears on glass.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:37 PM
ckp
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use the same wax i use on my paint for my rims. is that ok? (I only used it once on my rims)

Old 04-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by DHCrocks
I like to spray the dressing onto a applicator and then wipe the panels. this way overspay won't get onto the windows which is hard to remove since it's oily and just smears on glass.
that's what makes this stuff great. Not glossy, repels dust, and no overspray.

Old 04-14-2010, 04:48 PM
detailing tip of the week: "for those that do car shows or just simply want to use no water to clean your rim & tires on the spot, we have a solution...use any citrus base product like carpet cleaner or _______ blended with water on the rim & tire, wipe off with a microfiber towel to a perfect clean surface" app...ly more if needed. this process is good on any type of finishes.
I use the same wax i use on my paint for my rims. is that ok? (I only used it once on my rims)
depends which wax but i know most carnauba serve the same purpose.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Detailing tip of the week