Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Obsidian Black G35 Polished!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
Nice mirror finish!!!

Old 09-29-2010, 08:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GEDsetG35
where can i get the machine?? does it include all the materials??
Thanks
I got mine at autogeek.net. I also bought supplies there and at detailedimage.com. Properautocare is another store I recently found out about and it has free shipping with $55 purchase. Shop around and see whats best for you. I know some of these stores have coupon codes too.

The one toymachine listed is also a good deal.

Originally Posted by superchargedg
Very good job on what i consider a hammered swirled up car.....very nice!
Thanks, it was in really bad condition, I hated washing it because I could see all the swirls and marring.

Originally Posted by speeddream
Nice mirror finish!!!
Thanks dood

Old 09-29-2010, 10:25 PM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
Looks incredible! I wish I had a fkn garage..

Old 09-29-2010, 10:40 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Aren't basically all g35s this swirled.. I know mine is.. Just due to our super soft paint.. I imagine most Gs are swirled and scratched unless they were polished that is.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by dukehotty
Looks incredible! I wish I had a fkn garage..
I will not deny it, having a garage is pure ecstasy . I worked out all these minor fixer uppers I had with my G that I hadn't done in two years. Having a garage now is the reason why I even polished it.

Originally Posted by toymachine2009
Aren't basically all g35s this swirled.. I know mine is.. Just due to our super soft paint.. I imagine most Gs are swirled and scratched unless they were polished that is.
I would say they are because I found the paint to be really soft while polishing but I still had to use more aggressive pads where deep scratches were found.

Also, they say to use a sheepskin mitt and Waffle Weave Microfiber towels to avoid swirls. I used both of these methods and my car still looked like crap. They say most of the swirls come from drying the car.

If you have a good car wash shampoo with lots of suds you provide a barrier between the mitt and the clear coat thereby preventing scratches. Having worked my *** off in polishing this car I did not want to dry it my Waffle weave microfibers. So I purchased the Nomad power sprayer and use only Deionized water for a spot free wash. I have a RODI filtration where I store DI water.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:43 PM
In case anyone does not know what a Nomad power sprayer is, here are some good youtube videos...

part 1

part2

Old 10-06-2010, 09:11 PM
I was just looking at products and pads you used and you went pretty aggressive! my Griots DA and Pads just got here.. I am going to start mine.

But you think Orange pad with 105 was necessary?

Also do you know if a Black pad I can use for wax? in its description it says finishing polish or a sealant.. Nothing about wax..

Products I have are M105 and M205 and HD Uno I am thinking I will try HD Uno on a Orange pad because I dont think its aggressive as M105

Old 10-06-2010, 09:24 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I wish my IP color stood out like that. How much is it for a detail like that? I literally do my mini "detail" of washing the car, drying, then waxing it.. I can still see scratches when I look at an angle and I know it's from me using those cheap microfiber cloths from walgreens

Old 10-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by paky786
I wish my IP color stood out like that. How much is it for a detail like that? I literally do my mini "detail" of washing the car, drying, then waxing it.. I can still see scratches when I look at an angle and I know it's from me using those cheap microfiber cloths from walgreens
Could be anywhere from $100-250 or more from a professional detailer who knows what there doing. If you get a low price on a polishing job like this there probably not any good.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
looks great!

Old 10-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Wow that before is scary. Nice to see the G brought back to life.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by toymachine2009
I was just looking at products and pads you used and you went pretty aggressive! my Griots DA and Pads just got here.. I am going to start mine.

But you think Orange pad with 105 was necessary?

Also do you know if a Black pad I can use for wax? in its description it says finishing polish or a sealant.. Nothing about wax..

Products I have are M105 and M205 and HD Uno I am thinking I will try HD Uno on a Orange pad because I dont think its aggressive as M105
Sorry toymachine, I haven't checked these forums because I've been busy. To answer your questions if its not too late already, I would say Orange pad with 105 is dependant on how bad your scratches are. The best thing to do (and they preach this in detail forums) is to try a small 1'X1' section and see what works best for your paint. I asked the same questions and what they told me is that nothing is set in stone. Some people find that a white pad with m105 works for them others said an orange pad with m105 worked for them. Start with least aggressive and go from there. Some people even said that a gray pad worked better than a red pad for finishing ( I found this to be true in my case).

For wax I would opt for a red or blue pad.

Originally Posted by paky786
Paky, I detailed my car some years ago by a professional and paid about $380. However, his prices went up since then.

Originally Posted by DetailersDomain
looks great!
Thanks

Originally Posted by grocerylist
Wow that before is scary. Nice to see the G brought back to life.
Thanks, I've gotten compliments when I'm at the gas station.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:10 PM
Received 71 Likes on 68 Posts
thats a real nice job. Shine is real deep

Old 11-18-2010, 10:27 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Retzius
Thanks, I've gotten compliments when I'm at the gas station.
I love it when that happens.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW so shiny!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Obsidian Black G35 Polished!