Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

the fine swirl marks in my black paint are gone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2003 | 11:43 PM
|
the fine swirl marks in my black paint are gone

I took a tip from a detailer friend and bought some glaze instead of polish... then...

1. did one coat of cleaner wax with orbital buffer and applicator cover... the key here is to use very little wax and spread it around real good... let the orbital do the work and just glide over the surface, don't force the orbital around and don't apply pressure
2. removed cleaner wax in straight lines back and forth, no circular motions and just enough pressure to remove most of the wax, can't emphasize enough not too much pressure
3. used orbital buffer and buffing cover to glide over the surface and buff off any excess wax
4. used orbital buffer with applicator cover and applied glaze... just enough to spread it around real good... again no pressure, let the buffer do the work and move back and forth in straight lines, front to back
5. using a very fine diaper soft polishing cloth, work the polish into the paint with your hands... lean into it, but don't press to hard... just massage the glaze into the paint... literally like giving your car a massage. i love it. (i repeated this step)
6. using orbital buffer with buffing pad, just glided over the paint surface in straight lines front to back...

i couldn't believe it... the paint was free of those fine swirl marks...

points to remember:
front to back
very little pressure
not too much wax, polish, or glaze (i prefer glaze)

now my paint is prepped and ready for CG pro...