Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Abolish Leaf Blowers!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 11:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Abolish Leaf Blowers!

So, God knows I keep a clean G35. I spent last weekend putting 2 coats of Meguires Gold on it, treated all the trim and tires with Aerospace 303, and polished it until the whole car looked like it was carved out of a single, shiny wedge of Brilliant Silver. You can imagine my horror when, not 30 minutes ago, I came out of the LazerQuik to find some moronic landscaper with a gas-powered leaf blower cleaning off the sidewalk and blowing all the dirt, dust, cigarette butts, and who knows what else DIRECTLY ONTO MY CAR. It was like he was aiming specifically at my car! I mean my paint had turned from silver to brown and there were cigarette butts stuck all over the place and pebbles sitting on the hood and everything.
I *totally* lost my brain and got right in the face of the landscaper. I shouldn't have - I'm 6 foot 4 inches and a martial arts instructor and should have known better than to terrify this poor little guy. All I could get out of my mouth was "What the f**k???" over and over. He just kept saying "I'm sorry." I figure he's just stupid and was mindlessly doing his job without paying attention to where all the dirt was going. Or maybe he had a problem with my car and was doing it on purpose. Either way, I couldn't control my mouth and just stood there, looking down on him, screaming "What the F**K??" - like there was any answer he could have given that would have chilled me out. Eventually I caught my breath and was able to walk away. I drove the G straight to the local U-Wash and hosed it off with fresh water, but MAN that LIT ME UP!
For the life of me I can't understand why a public sidewalk, bordering a parking lot, should require a gas powered leaf blower instead of a broom. And if that isn't confusing enough, why this clown had to blow all the junk right onto my car is totally beyond me.
In any case, I suppose he'll think twice next time - and I'll know better than as well. From now on - I park as far away from any sort of cleaning or landscaping activity as possible.

-townsley-
2003 Brilliant Silver Premium Sedan

Old 05-30-2003, 03:54 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Abolish Leaf Blowers!

I hate to tell you this bro, but one of the dudes on here uses one of those to dry his car off........[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Good self control bro. I'm sure he didn't mean it and will be more careful next time........... [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

Old 05-30-2003, 04:31 PM

that would be me! i just washed my car and yes after i dried a majority of it with a chamois i used my blower to dry off the wheels and get all the water out of the crevices, thank god for blowers. LOL.

Old 05-30-2003, 04:59 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup, Merlin and I also use leaf blowers![img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

<font color=green>GG</font color=green>

Old 05-30-2003, 07:04 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's right![img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]
6'4" and into Martial Arts, I better stop using mine! Hehehehheeh![img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
But then again here in Florida he would have been shot or is that Texas....any comments KongZx?[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2003, 06:25 AM

I use a leaf blower to dry the nooks and crannies on mine. I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose either, he was just doing his job. Brooms don't get all the dirt off of sidewalks like a blower can. I'm not sticking up for him, hell I'd be pissed too. Also it doesn't matter if your 6'4" and into martial arts and he's a small guy, you don't know anything about him and what he has on him. Always remember when you go up to a stranger in a pissed off mood that he might be carrying something and could put your martial arts in a 6' grave.

Old 05-31-2003, 10:38 AM

Yea that sucks and I’d be mad too but maybe he didn't do it on purpose. Remember those lawn guys work 10 hours a day under the hot sun, I doubt that guy was purposely aiming at your car they have other things to do then trying to put all the dirt on some car parked in the parking lot. Your car was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Old 05-31-2003, 01:34 PM

wow dude u need to take a chill pill

Old 06-01-2003, 05:34 PM

Yeah, sounds like a mental cramp to me. Those things will vibrate your brains. Good of you to (barely) keep it together. I can imagine myself doing the same thing, only I think my voice would go up a couple of unmanly octaves out of sheer horror, like a whiteboy Chris Tucker.

If it makes you feel better, I know a guy who's 7 year old used his Mercedes as a backstop after watching that Saturn commercial (i.e. dent-resistant door panels). Haven't seen that kid in awhile, come to think of it...

-Jack
Obsidian/graphite '03 Coupe premium nav

Old 06-04-2003, 11:03 AM

townsley,
I don't know about the other guys, but I completely and totally agree with you. I probably would've tackled him and smashed the blower over his head.......so all in all I think you handle the situation pretty good, but just verbally abusing him. People that are that retarded and careless mind you, need to be brought back to reality and taught a lesson. I'm sorry but I am so so pretective over my baby, just like it was a real baby. I also think most of you guys would of done the same thing being put in the same situation. If this happened to you, would you just look at him and say "it's ok, I know you've had a long day in the sun, I will just go and wash off these rocks and cig butts, please be more carefull the next time, by now." Heck no...................lol, I'm so mean...hehe
MASTERSR6

Old 06-04-2003, 11:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a landscaper use an edger next to my car once, all along the side from the middle of the door down, was covered thick with grass and dirt. Rubbing compound took care of the fine nicks and scratches, but there were untimately rock chips that couldn't be repaired. This was at work so I never saw it happen...was sooooo pissed!

But I'm not totally innocent myself.....
Once when I was about 9 or 10, I wanted to surprise my dad by washing his car, his pride and joy. So while he was at work, my 7 yr old brother and myself washed it and dried it. We were so proud of ourselves and excited awaited my father's return from work. And when he got home he was certainly surprised all right, we had used old polo shirts, buttons and all, to wash the car...can you say swirl marks? I will never forget how pissed off he got, I think that experience scarred me for life. Maybe that's why I'm a bit of a car-nut myself, and get crazy by others' carelessness as well.

03 G35
02 Sequoia

Old 06-04-2003, 11:45 AM

That sucks! I know what you mean, my father is an absolute car finatic. I consider myself pretty damn bad about the hole car freak thing, but he puts me to shame. My dad would've killed me................LOL LOL...............MASTERSR6

Old 06-04-2003, 11:14 PM

just cuz we're high advocates of gun "toting" doesn't mean we all have guns...... well..i take that back... most of us don't have guns.. wait.. nevermind... yeehaw... *shooting shots into the air like yosemite sam*

'03 G35 Sedan: ivory/aero body/sport/sunroof
Warning: Objects in mirror are FASTER than they appear

Old 06-05-2003, 02:08 AM

Texas... the state where loaded guns and open containers are still legal. [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 06-05-2003, 08:00 AM

i'm not sure about open containers.. but loaded guns i can vouch for..

'03 G35 Sedan: ivory/aero body/sport/sunroof
Warning: Objects in mirror are FASTER than they appear

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Abolish Leaf Blowers!