Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Pollen/Dust....ugghhh.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pollen/Dust....ugghhh.

Anyone else having this problem?

Any idea on how to keep this off of your car or that nearly impossible?

I just cleaned my car yesterday and let it sit out over night. I come outside this morning and my car is covered with green pollen type dust. Looks like sh-t.

I was thinking of taking one of those Swiffer dusters over the car...would that be an okay idea or are there any specific products that would benefit this?

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-19-2005, 04:45 PM
get a cali duster or use a micro fiber polishing cloth to gently glide over the car, be sure not to apply any pressure, just wisp it across

works fine for me

happy dusting

Old 05-19-2005, 04:55 PM
ditto, the cali duster works fine for me. just be careful when you first get one as it tends to have some extra ingredients which may leave some small waxy type streaks- no real damage, just a little extra work to remove them.

Old 05-19-2005, 09:13 PM
i feel ya man, i just wash my car as often as i can.. at least once a week

Old 05-19-2005, 10:53 PM
Call the Cops
pollen sucks!

what i dont get is that.. why doesnt every other car besides the G have this problem? the rest of the black cars i see are fine. im guessing its the paint. it pisses me off.

this week the car doesnt look too bad.. but last week OOOHH MAN dont even

Old 05-20-2005, 08:42 AM
Out of many - one people
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car cover works great.

Old 05-20-2005, 10:23 AM
I have the same problem and it drives me crazy! I know a lot of people like the Cali Duster but I don't like the idea of friction between the duster and my paint for removing contamination. If there was some dirt or a tiny pebble in the duster I'm afraid it will scratch my paint. I use poorboy's spray and wipe http://secure.detailedimage.com/Merc...gory_Code=Clay. Its a waterless wash, you just spray it on and wipe it off with a microfiber towel. It takes about 5 minutes to do the car. Lately I've been using the Spray and Gloss http://secure.detailedimage.com/Merc...gory_Code=Clay, it has similar cleaning power but leaves a nice glossy look.

Old 05-20-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Punchit
I have the same problem and it drives me crazy! I know a lot of people like the Cali Duster but I don't like the idea of friction between the duster and my paint for removing contamination. If there was some dirt or a tiny pebble in the duster I'm afraid it will scratch my paint. I use poorboy's spray and wipe http://secure.detailedimage.com/Merc...gory_Code=Clay. Its a waterless wash, you just spray it on and wipe it off with a microfiber towel. It takes about 5 minutes to do the car. Lately I've been using the Spray and Gloss http://secure.detailedimage.com/Merc...gory_Code=Clay, it has similar cleaning power but leaves a nice glossy look.
I agree with you on the Cali duster but in relation to the spray and the microfiber. Doesn't the microfiber trap the dirt just the same as the duster? My G is black and it has the dealer installed "swirl" package so i'm a bit paranoid of adding more

Old 05-21-2005, 08:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah, even in my garage the car gets dusty within 24hrs. Of course, having a Black car every little spec shows. If I had a lighter color I might invest in a Cali Duster.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.