Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

How do you guys wash your G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you guys wash your G

I just recently bought a brandnew 2005 G35 Diamond Graphite. I was wondering how do you guys wash your car, any tips or special cleaning devices? Let me know thanks

-Ambaplaya

Old 09-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm an avid fan of most of the Zaino products available at www.zainostore.com

The Z7 Carwash is great and the Z2 Polish and Z6 Gloss Enhancer Spray gives awesome results with so little effort. At least try to the Z7 Carwash and the Z2 polish.

And buy some nice towels to wash/dry/wax the car. 100% Made-In-The-USA and 100% USA-grown Cotton towels. Go to Bed, Bath and Beyond or something like that. Cut off the embroidered ends to avoid scratches from the poly-blend thread sometimes used in those sections.

I have yet to put a single scratch on mine using good towels (and suggested on the Zaino Bros. website) and can feel how gentle they are on the finish while washing the car.

I wash in the same manner that you're supposed to use the Zaino polish: From top to bottom on side/vertical panels and from front to back on horizontal panels. Works like a charm.

Hit the Zaino site and take a look around. Results are as impressive as they appear in the Testimonial section and application/removal is every bit as easy as people say.

Old 09-12-2005, 06:43 PM
thanks man, can u buy these products at any retailer store

Old 09-12-2005, 07:07 PM
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by Ambaplaya
thanks man, can u buy these products at any retailer store
No you can only get them from Zaino. I obviously like the stuff as I do the Zaino detailing for a living

But to answer your question I guess 1) from the top down 2) not in the sun 3) with quality products 4) buy the nicer towels/shami, etc. to avoid swirls 5) fix a problem before it starts (wax the hell out of it now while its new)

Just a few basic tips...

Jon

Old 09-12-2005, 10:56 PM
I use Meguairs plush terry sponge to wash and Zymol as the wax. Awesome wax, lasts a lpng time, and can be found at the local walmart. I personally can't tell the difference between a coat of zymol and a coat of zaino...

Old 09-16-2005, 11:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jon913D
5) fix a problem before it starts (wax the hell out of it now while its new)

Jon

ABSOLUTELY!! I've polished once but have washed several times and used the Z6 Gloss Enhancer after those washes. When I see a dead bug/residue on my front bumper (anywhere on the car for that matter), I simply use my fingerpad (not fingernail) to wipe the dried stuff off. I've had a couple of bad bug hits just transfer right to my finger after touching them. It always reminds me of a serious teflon coating or something.

Old 09-16-2005, 12:12 PM
Meguires NXT tech wax (paste or liquid) is the closest thing you can get to Zaino. Can be bought in many stores and is way cheaper than Zaino.

Old 09-16-2005, 12:59 PM
I have switched from Zaino to REJEX. Very satisfied with my new found wax. It sellls for avg $20/ 16 oz. I got my REJEX at Skygeek for 12.50 a bottle/16 ounce.

Last edited by ivorypearl; 09-16-2005 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:37 AM
Fastest G35 In Rockwall
I use OxyClean and a brillow pad!

Old 09-17-2005, 12:07 PM
I'd also check out Griot's Garage (www.griotsgarage.com). I used their products religiously and have yet to find anything that rivaled their Best of Show wax (including Zaino). I use thier car wash, wash bucket, boar's hair bruch, wheel brushes, wax and polish, micro-fiber drying towels, 100% cotton and micro-fiber polish and detailing clothes, and many, many other assorted random stuff.

When it comes to wax, there are two main ways to go. You can go with a synthetic wax (Zaino, Meguiars NXT, and most others off the shelf) or a carnuaba-based wax (Griot's, Zymol, Mother's, and a few others). The synthetic waxes give superior protection to carnuaba waxes and can be layers for an increased 'shine', but carnuaba waxes are able to achieve a depth to the shine that even layers of Zaino or such can't even match. It doesn't last quite as long as syntheitcs though, requiring it to be applied more often. Pick the type of wax the fits what you want.

Old 10-08-2005, 01:00 AM
Received 295 Likes on 183 Posts
washed my car with Dawn liquid soap, then Clay bar, then washed again with Z-7 Car wash, then Z-PC my hood, then Z-5, Then Z-6 the whole car. Got tired. Will continue in the morning. this is the first time i have ever used ZAINO.

AMAZING......I will swear by it now...no kidding. Took out some swirls the dealer put in the first day. I tried to take them out with all different kinds of products. Z-PC....Crazy. I won't ever use anything but ZAINO from now on. If you care about your car, I would get ZAINO....

Old 11-30-2006, 10:01 AM
get a foam gun, you'll get less marring

Old 11-30-2006, 10:28 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by alfhasg35
washed my car with Dawn liquid soap, then Clay bar, then washed again with Z-7 Car wash, then Z-PC my hood, then Z-5, Then Z-6 the whole car. Got tired. Will continue in the morning. this is the first time i have ever used ZAINO.

AMAZING......I will swear by it now...no kidding. Took out some swirls the dealer put in the first day. I tried to take them out with all different kinds of products. Z-PC....Crazy. I won't ever use anything but ZAINO from now on. If you care about your car, I would get ZAINO....
+1. Did the same except I used Z1 instead of Z-PC, followed by 2 coats of Z2 and Z6. Then used Z10 for interior leather, Lexol Vinylex for interior plastic, and Invisible Glass for the windows and windshields.

It only took 12 hrs but like everyone else said. ZAINO IS DA ****!

Old 11-30-2006, 11:04 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
No one mentioned the 2 bucket method yet? Use one bucket for clean water with the shampoo solution and the other bucket for rinsing your mitts. Plush lambwool mitts work nicely. Remember to only use each side of the mitt for a small portion of the car and rinse it frequently.
Waffle weave microfiber towels do a great job for drying. To keep any marring/scratching to a minumum gently pat dry instead of wiping it across the surface. To help the drying process remove the nozzle from the hose and run the stream of water over the car to sheet the water off of the surface.

At this early stage don't get wrapped up in running out and buying everything that someone suggests...

You will have great results when all of your prep work is done correctly with many products out there. For example many users of Duragloss products state they get near the same results as using the Zaino system. The great thing about that is Duragloss is a fraction of the cost and can be found locally. I will admit that Duragloss Aquawax is an amazing product.

Have fun!

Last edited by twitch; 11-30-2006 at 11:08 AM.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by twitch
No one mentioned the 2 bucket method yet?
+1 on that. That's what I do.

Originally Posted by twitch
Waffle weave microfiber towels do a great job for drying. To keep any marring/scratching to a minumum gently pat dry instead of wiping it across the surface.
Or you can be like me and use a leaf-blower

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How do you guys wash your G