Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Clear Bra on front Bumper??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 02:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clear Bra on front Bumper??

Just got g35 coupe two weeks ago. Dealer said the bra protection package was something they did to all their vehicles. seemed like a great idea.....Today I had a big chunk of rock strike right in the center of my front bumper and to my surprise when I looked at it, there was no bra on that portion of the car!!! They had only done the hood and a little bit on the front fenders. Before I question them...does anybody know any reason why you "can't" or "shouldn't" use the bra on the plastic bumper? Sure seems like it is likeley to take more abuse than the hood itself. Also...any idea what can be done to fix the scratches on the plastic???

Follow-up...spoke to dealer and he said they didn't make the bra to fit the bumper. I assume he is talking of pre-cut pieces??

Thanks!!

Old 07-09-2003, 05:14 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Clear Bra on front Bumper??

You can take a look at these manufacturers to get an idea as to what is out there.
Manufacturers
I only have 2 questions for you.
1) You trusted the dealer that the information they gave you was correct?[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]
2) You didn't check in 2 weeks of having the car?
3) I guess it is 3 questions[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] Have you washed your "G" since you had it?[img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Oh yeah, to answer your question,'There is no reason why they cannot do the bumper'.
They are <font color=red>lying</font color=red>, just like when they told you that they did the whole front.[img]/w3timages/icons/mad.gif[/img]
BTW, which dealer is this so others can avoid?

Old 07-09-2003, 07:44 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm usually very mild-mannered and have very little to say about anything that is unkind. This, however, is an exception.

Oh man, PLEASE tell me you didn't get your car at Infiniti of Nashville. I've got a HUGE bone to pick with them, you have no idea. They are lying sonofa#%@#s. Oh wow. I've not felt my blood pressure like this since I actually talked to them. Wow. PM me if you want to hear the story, but regardless, take your car back, drop the keys in the sales manager's hands, kick him square in the nuts, and tell him I said hi. This guy is a *****. Don't expect to get any realistic service from them- expect smoke and mirrors, lies, and a$$holes.
Much love,
G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint
Indianapolis, IN

Old 07-10-2003, 09:12 AM

Well, to date, they haven't given me any reason not to trust them....have to take ALL car dealers with a grain of salt......

And actually, several of the manufacturers kits I looked at for the G only included the hood and fender pieces....maybe this is what they are using???

As to other questions....certainly had looked at the car, I guess not close enough at the front bumper.

Car has been handwashed several times over the last two weeks, but I haven't done it...just ordered some good supplies from properautocare this weekend.......

Old 07-10-2003, 09:20 AM

WOW.....didn't mean to stir up old feelings!! My sales experience so far has been pretty good.....was able to negotiate on Aero package since we originally did not want the spoiler and the only car they could get us with all other features included that...so we didn't pay.....Also wrangled with them on lease rate. Haven't had a service experience yet......taking care of my rock ding will be the first. Supposed to take it in on Tuesday...I'll keep you posted.......

Not a lot of choices in Nashville for Infiniti dealers.....

So what happened to you that turned sour?? or maybe I don't want to know!!

Old 07-10-2003, 02:36 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You've got a 4 page PM [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Anyone else up for some light reading?

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint
Indianapolis, IN

Old 07-11-2003, 11:17 PM

Clear bra'd my entire front bumper, 1/3 of the front hood, mirrors, and small front door edges. Looks awesome!

$695. retail*

* Undisclosed secret price for cash payment. [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

"Use the Forced Induction Luke!"
-Jedi
2003 G35C, 6MT, Navi, Black Obsidian/Graphite

Old 07-14-2003, 09:20 PM

Jedi can I see some pics of ure car with the clear bra. Where did u get the clearbra from and how much did u pay ure dealer to do the job? Thanks in advance

Old 07-15-2003, 11:00 AM

Clapton,

What color do you want to see with the clear bra on it? I have a couple to look at. Try here http://www.rockblocker.com/Colors.htm

RockBlocker.com
Protecting your Investment is our Business