Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Best Leather Conditioner.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use Lexol. Not sure if it is the best because I have never really used anything else.

Old 11-06-2005, 07:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
picus112,

I guess you don't care for my opinion on Lexol.

Boon... in the post just above mine said "Zaino Leather In A Bottle is the best product there is. Awesome."

Wow...that is equally a strong statement! yet you didn't comment on his opinion.

I guess you are a Zaino man...as to being a *****????

As far as my comment on "inflated price" goes, here is some info to back up my point.
LEXOL cleaner/conditioner 16.9oz sells for about $10.00
Zaino cleaner/conditioner 8.0oz sells for about $10.00

You do the math.

Old 11-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
It's not that I don't care for your opinion, in fact I use Lexol and agree it's a great line for leather that's in good shape already - you think it's "the best", ok. However trying to infer that other products are somehow inferior because Lexol was first, or that all over product are imitations is baseless. There are several differences between Lexol and other products that set them apart, for better or for worse.

As for my stance on Zaino - well, I think I've made myself clear on their product line.

Cheers.

Old 11-08-2005, 11:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by picus112
It's not that I don't care for your opinion, in fact I use Lexol and agree it's a great line for leather that's in good shape already - you think it's "the best", ok. However trying to infer that other products are somehow inferior because Lexol was first, or that all over product are imitations is baseless. There are several differences between Lexol and other products that set them apart, for better or for worse.

As for my stance on Zaino - well, I think I've made myself clear on their product line.

Cheers.
Well put picus. I would like to know what other leather cleaning products were used to determine that Lexol is the best and the rest are just inflated. The leatherique pristine clean goes for 17.99 and as a professional detailer I can tell you it's better than the Lexol and worth the money to me. I've used both and there are differences that jump out to experienced car care professionals. Plus the seats are not cheap so I feel as though the additional $7.99 is well worth giving my seats the best leather cleaning/conditioning formula out there. There is a plethora of other comments I could mention as ways to assess the value of products besides direct cost comparison but I think we get the point. I would recommend you try the Pristine Clean or another brand if you haven't already and let us know if you still feel the same way.