Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Another day, another detail! ('05 Lakeshore slate sedan)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 07:04 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Another day, another detail! ('05 Lakeshore slate sedan)

Hey everyone - this morning I got to detail Peter's (aka: G-Force) lakeshore slate sedan and I thought I'd post the process and pictures.

The car was in excellent shape overall, very minor scratchs and light swirls from winter use, a couple rock chips, and the paint was a little rough because it'd never been clayed. Overall it was a leisurely job that turned out very well.

Process was:

Wash with P21S soap
Clay
Polish with SFX-3 on a white polishing pad
Spot polish front fenders and hood with Optimum Compound on an orange cut pad
Wax with Poorboys Nattys Blue removed with Sonus Carnauba Spritz.
Wheels were sealed with ex-p, trim dressed with 303 and tires dressed with megs insane shine. Chrome got AIO.
Interior got a vacuum and Megs Quik Interior detailer, trim got AIO and leather got Z10.

Sorry for the darkness in some of the pictures. I was trying to capture a lot of full on sun shots which kind of kills the metering. I'm still learning!

Cheers.

Crazy flake popping. I wish I could have captured what it really looked like.

More here:

http://gtaindetail.com/pics/05g35s042906/index.html

Last edited by Picus; 04-29-2006 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:17 PM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude, move to Texas so you can do my car.

I am having Anthony from SA do mine end of May. It is looking so bad. I can't seem to get my PC Cable Pads clean. They want to just keep spreading the wax on the car instead of eventually clearing up like they were when new and that first job I did on my car looked the best. Haven't been able to match that since so I kinda gave up.

I have all of Poorboy lines, even Optima polish and some other stuff from 3M and Meguires.

Old 04-29-2006, 07:25 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Hrm - when you say wax you mean polish, right? So they're just spreading it around rather that breaking it down? Maybe try soaking them overnight in a bucket with some woolite and water, then the next day rinse them really good, empty the bucket, put the pad on the PC and hold it in the bucket then turn it to 6 (the pad will spin and all the water will fly off into the bucket), dries them quick.

If that doesn't do it you might need new pads. I use Lake County and Sonus SFX pads and both have been good. Kind of a bummer that you have all the tool and products but can't use them. If it were me I'd just grab a wolfgang pad kit like this:

http://superiorcarcare.net/bfpk100.html

Maybe add one more orange or one yellow to it, and you're good to go.

Old 04-29-2006, 07:40 PM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine are just like the Lake County ones but another brand everyone recommended on Autopia.org. I have two sets of each color and used them all. I will try what you say on the pads by letting the soke in woolite and run them in the morning to dry them.

Thanks Picus. I will be sending you another post or PM soon to ask you some directions with what products I have that you can recommend on my black car. I just need to make a completely list of what I have.

Originally Posted by picus112
Hrm - when you say wax you mean polish, right? So they're just spreading it around rather that breaking it down? Maybe try soaking them overnight in a bucket with some woolite and water, then the next day rinse them really good, empty the bucket, put the pad on the PC and hold it in the bucket then turn it to 6 (the pad will spin and all the water will fly off into the bucket), dries them quick.

If that doesn't do it you might need new pads. I use Lake County and Sonus SFX pads and both have been good. Kind of a bummer that you have all the tool and products but can't use them. If it were me I'd just grab a wolfgang pad kit like this:

http://superiorcarcare.net/bfpk100.html

Maybe add one more orange or one yellow to it, and you're good to go.

Old 04-30-2006, 04:37 PM
Staff ALUMNI
You know where to find me.