Help please!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2008 | 02:36 AM
|
Help please!!!

Ok i haven't on here much. I bought my car used with 37299 miles 03 coupe w/ blk/blk from Auto Wei (in carrolton) now i have 43600 miles. But like about last week i had some trouble with my car because my oil light came on.. i thought i needed more oil so i added 1.5 quarts of oil (mobile one fully synth.), and i still had like 1000 miles to go till my next oil change... so i was like ok!! The next morning on Friday i started my car to go to school but like there was smoke coming out of my car i didn't realize until the afternoon when my friend told me about it... i was running rich, and blue white smoke was coming out of my exhaust. I didn't drive it the whole weekend made an appointment for the dealership (Crest Infiniti). As i was driving up there on Tuesday the Engine Service Soon light came on so i told them about that too. Its been there the whole week now the service rep called me today and said me the total that has to be done to my car is replace the long block, transmission specifically 3rd gear (i think), clutch, and my catilac converters replaced=total $17k. I was like What THE @#$%! asked why that much, they said the car has been modded with Grubbs unichip fuel timing calibrator and it changed things (i didn't know about that mod when i bought the car) and he said that the converters were burned with that, and the long block had to be replaced, the clutch i knew about... and i knew that it would grind when id shift it to third sometimes...

so anyone that can help me please i want my G back.. helppppp cause i don't know what to do and i don't have that cash on me and damn sure my dad wont pay all that s@#t!!

I live in Richardson so if anyone want to help me out id appreciate it greatly...

Old 02-09-2008 | 02:01 PM
you can get hiflow cats if you need cats for 400...why are they saying the block needs to be replaced? the trans does not need to be replaced just a new flywheel and clutch...try changing the plugs out and the unichip thing wouldn't cause the damage they are saying

Old 02-09-2008 | 02:03 PM
Man I juss looooooooooooooove dealerships!
17k just might be a record on this forum for a dealer charge. If the title of your thread was "Dealer wants 17k to fix my G" you'd instantly get like a 100 responses!
People on this forum and most others despise dealerships with a passion so they've figured out various ways to beat the dealer at their crooked game, and at the same time figured out and can see through most of the BS that dealers bring to the table, I'm sure either way you'll get a lot of help from more knowledgeable members here. But fukk dude, 17k is beyond the title of Stealership, thats like a whole other level.

Last edited by Adon; 02-09-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-09-2008 | 02:15 PM
i.love.gold
sounds like maybe your car was turbo'd before and the previous owner put it back to stock. Blue smoke indicates burning oil, so your rings might be bad now allowing oil into the combustion chamber.

So exactly what help do you want? Advice on where else to take it to get fixed for cheaper?

Old 02-09-2008 | 02:18 PM
i.love.gold
You can find some used OEM cats for under $100. Transmission maybe around $600-$1000.

Old 02-09-2008 | 02:38 PM
17k is insane for a repair, you could get a whole new car for that.

Old 02-09-2008 | 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by 07SilverG
17k is insane for a repair, you could get a whole new car for that.
I agree! No way on 17K. Get a 2nd opinion.

Is there another Dealer near you?

How about a Nissan Dealer? I smell a RAT at the Dealership
that quoted you 17K. IMO

Old 02-09-2008 | 09:09 PM
i.love.gold
Okay think about dealership prices. Then think about a new tranny, new long block, new catalytic convertors, new clutch, labor for tranny, labor for taking head off block, labor for installing new block, labor for installing cats, labor for everything else ... it's all booked time.

But yeah...sorry for the situation you're in. I think German at GS Motorsports might have a 6MT transmission.

Old 02-09-2008 | 09:25 PM
find the person who previously owned the car and take his child for ransom 8-) jk that's only in the movies

Old 02-10-2008 | 02:08 AM
Did they void your warranty since you had those mods? You car should have a 60,000 mile warranty.

Who is your service adviser at Crest? I have always dealt with Danny Adams. I just recently got a new tranny installed in my car and I am at 40,000 miles and I installed a JWT clutch and lightweight flywheel and had no issues at all with getting it replaced under warranty.

If they say no then maybe you should take it to Grubbs since the chip or whatever it is was installed by them.

Good luck with all your repairs. This just goes to show that you need to have any car that you purchase used looked at by a reputable mechanic before you buy.

Old 02-10-2008 | 11:28 AM
Nissan is known for turning down claims on warranty, I had the same problem on an Altima that needed an new engine, granted I was out of warranty but with only 75K miles or something like that.

I did notice on forums people with higher mileage were getting new engines. Just keep in mind it is either a hit or miss, try another dealer call nissan and see what happens.

Go to Grubbs, they may see in the system that you took it to Crest since they have a nice network system.

GL

Old 02-11-2008 | 09:09 AM
I would still take it to Grubbs. They are much better when it comes to modified cars.

I wouldn't be surprised if Crest was tagged with the highest single dealership fix quote ever... I still hate that dealership more than I can stand it. I gave them one chance with this car and they continued to prove their lack of worth. Moog is right in regards to the parts and labor for all that stuff, but I've met many of the Crest techs... and no thank you!

For crying out loud, they are a sister dealership to Trophy Nissan. Let's not even discuss how horrible beyond belief THAT dealership is (puke).

Good luck man. Let us know if there's anything we can do. I used to live in Richardson.

Old 02-12-2008 | 04:58 PM
|
ok so i was able to get my car from crest and took it to another auto place called New Auto World. My dad knew the guy he looked at it an within 30-40 mins he called saying the engine is gone. we told him we had bought the extended warranty, who declined my claim because of the chip. Now my dad is ticked so he is going to try to do it through inssurance, hope it might work. The last thing is to talked to the guy who i bought the car from or sue him, because he said it was not modded or didnt check it right, idk. but ima try to take it to grubbs i called them to ask about that part and to see if they put tht part in and said my car never went there.

thanks for the help.. ill post up what happens..

Old 02-12-2008 | 05:32 PM
i.love.gold
There's no way you could really sue the guy you bought it from. Pretty much all used car sales are "as is".

Old 02-12-2008 | 05:45 PM
good luck amigo...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.