Project 7

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 09:18 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Hmmm... So what distinguishes a Driver member and a Project7 member? Just curious..

I know we have all gone back and forth on team/crew names and some even wanted to keep the old one. My understanding was that DFW G Club was to become Project7, yet I don't see a lot of the names on the sticker lists... Are some members divided on this P7 idea? I don't want to lose members because of a name change or loss of belonging and creation because of it either. I see a few people from the group that showed originally at XDC that helped to win our first trophy but not all. We wanted this to be bigger than Gs and more about the "family" feel that we have gained from the numerous meets that we have attended. I am proud of how this has come along and the way a lot of members have supported it but I just want to know we are ALL on board. Crew 1st and cars 2nd as I see it. Maybe I am way off with this post but I think we need to figure this out.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheDizzle
Hmmm... So what distinguishes a Driver member and a Project7 member? Just curious..

I know we have all gone back and forth on team/crew names and some even wanted to keep the old one. My understanding was that DFW G Club was to become Project7, yet I don't see a lot of the names on the sticker lists... Are some members divided on this P7 idea? I don't want to lose members because of a name change or loss of belonging and creation because of it either. I see a few people from the group that showed originally at XDC that helped to win our first trophy but not all. We wanted this to be bigger than Gs and more about the "family" feel that we have gained from the numerous meets that we have attended. I am proud of how this has come along and the way a lot of members have supported it but I just want to know we are ALL on board. Crew 1st and cars 2nd as I see it. Maybe I am way off with this post but I think we need to figure this out.
Well thought post. I don't think you're way off and I'd also like to know why a divide has seemed to develop.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:50 AM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Originally Posted by hound138
or Houston! congrats on being the prez of the Houston chapter..
Not the Pres, I just post on driver the most out of all the members.

Originally Posted by TheDizzle
We wanted this to be bigger than Gs and more about the "family" feel that we have gained from the numerous meets that we have attended.

Crew 1st and cars 2nd as I see it. Maybe I am way off with this post but I think we need to figure this out.
This is how our group is run. We have many people that participate on our own forums, but we have only invited few members to join our actual Team. The way we see it, is that we're supposed to resemble a "family" and not just some group of random people. Everyone participates in some manner or fashion and everyone brings something to the able or to help improve the Team, where it be photography, computer skills, car maintenance skill, whatever.

We are selective in who we choose to be part of the Team, since you just don't want anyone coming into your group and disrupting your family. Black Betty had said it best this way, and I hope maybe it will help you all form your Team and family as well.

"You don't want to recruit members, you wanna select your members."

This way, you don't bring in **** into your home or you don't have members that just show up to take advantage of people's kindness when it comes to helping out with cars or meets or whatever.

Again, I meant what I said about seeing you guys grow and prosper and hopefully seeing the Project 7 decal floating around the Texas area. Maybe we will see you all at IFO in San Antonio in December or Import Reactor in March 2012. I would love to meet some of you guys.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:53 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
G35 or Del sol.. whatever it is I am just happy that I met a great group of people. I have only been on here since May and have met quite a few of you and can honestly call you my bros. Several of you have helped me out and I am truly honored.

This is the first car club that I have ever been associated with.. Infact it is the first club I have ever been associated with. I feel as though I can honestly call this group my family. Everyone is great here!!

TBH... I was not a fan of the Project 7 name but the more I look at it and say it outloud and tell my buddies about how awesome it is to be a part of this I start to like it more..

I am gonna rep this group hardcore and plan on putting 110 percent of my effort in to it but at the same time I started at DFW G35 Owners club but tbh that sounds wayyy to bland in my eyes.

Project 7 FTMFW!!

Old 10-24-2010, 04:00 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
thedizzle, i cant agree more... so now we're gonna have to figure who is "invited" to project 7.... so it's like a team 16niss, not that it's a bad thing, but now people will have to wait to get invited to feel like their part of something?

or is this something that anyone can rep? is that the goal? lets get this cleared up...

hmmmm....

Old 10-24-2010, 09:54 AM
Received 136 Likes on 62 Posts
invite me plz.

wait... who's doin the inviting?

Old 10-24-2010, 10:42 AM
exactly the point. i guess what i'm trying to figure out is if we go to a car show, and lets say we have 17 people sign up, and 4 of them dont have any "project 7" representation, is it gonna turn into a thing where they cant park with the other project 7 cars? i dont think it was the intention of those who created "project 7" to segregate at all, or make it exclusive, but i guess some of us want clarification.

ie, Konxeptionz is part of a club that is exclusive... nothingwrong with that at all, thats what expectation they've built up, but is that what Project 7 is gonna be? Cause honestly not everyone wants to be part of something like that cause i dont like to leave anyone out...especially where everyone felt like they were part of somethign with the DFW G Club.

me for example, i absolutely love my g, and i'm not into as many cosmetic mods as most people on the forum, and i travel a lot, so i dont ALWAYS have the time to be involved, is this gonna inch me out of the "project 7" crew?

or is it gonna be like at a meet, whoever shows up with a g in the DFW area, they can park in the project 7 area? thats what i hope it is, but i guess we really need more structure on this.

ha this might seem like it's turning into a big deal, but some people wanna know what kinda involvement is needed to shift our "name" over to project 7, (which i will admit has grown on me...) i dont wanna b!tch, i just wanna know whats up, cause i for one dont want a huge banner in the front of my car, but i will slap a sticker on the rear on.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:56 AM
Received 136 Likes on 62 Posts
well a club needs some exclusivity... we can't just have random people in any make and model parking with us, it will distort our image.

we need some rules and guidelines to shape the team into something that is going to let everyone know we mean business.

I'll start

1. You must have a clean car (take pride in your car it represents us all)

Old 10-24-2010, 11:02 AM
i understand we dont want a clunky integra or something parking the in the project 7 "section" but at the same time, someone shows up to a meet that hasnt really historically shown up to a lotta meets cause they cant, if they want to park with us, or do we tell them that their nice car cant park there because they arent part of project 7....

and

^^^^ let's define "clean" a little haha

Old 10-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by ezpotato
me for example, i absolutely love my g, and i'm not into as many cosmetic mods as most people on the forum, and i travel a lot, so i dont ALWAYS have the time to be involved, is this gonna inch me out of the "project 7" crew?
Personally, I hope inching people out NEVER becomes part of what this crew does. That would flat out suck. I believe members should participate, but their place in the club should never slip away if they have other business to handle.

Originally Posted by ezpotato
cause i for one dont want a huge banner in the front of my car, but i will slap a sticker on the rear on.
I don't think everyone in project 7 needs the banner. I can understand people not wanting a huge sticker across their windshield, but there has to be some association, so they should at least rep the rear quarter sticker.

I like the idea of the list of guidelines, but we definitely need to meet up somewhere and create some leadership, whether it be one person or a council.

1. You must have a clean car (take pride in your car it represents us all)
2. You must represent/promote Project7 in a clear manner. (ex. decal)

Last edited by Smurf AD; 10-24-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Received 111 Likes on 98 Posts
We need to figure out what the club represents, whether is stance, performance, just plain modded or any clean cars. Hell I may not even meet the criteria. But this where we gotta draw the line to have standards and what not. As much as I like havin the big group show up that represent the dfw gs I say no stock cars. Not sure what minimum mods need but we should set a standard and build upon that. We should always be proggressing and help each other out

Old 10-24-2010, 12:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by r1forever80
We need to figure out what the club represents, whether is stance, performance, just plain modded or any clean cars. Hell I may not even meet the criteria. But this where we gotta draw the line to have standards and what not. As much as I like havin the big group show up that represent the dfw gs I say no stock cars. Not sure what minimum mods need but we should set a standard and build upon that. We should always be proggressing and help each other out

I agree 100% here. The first thing the club needs is a mission statement. You can't begin to integrate rules without a clear direction of where you want the club to go. If you want the club to represent a group of people passionate about our cars, you can't really say "oh, and you must have 20" or bigger wheels." One has nothing to do with the other. It's also important to remember that the more specific of rules the club has, the more people you may be alienating from the club without that intent. I have a clean g35, with very little mods so far. That will change over time, but my direction will most likely be function over form. I am after the ponies. Will that rule me out of the club because I don't have any exterior mods? Things to think about.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:20 PM
^^ thats what i'm talking about.... i dont have too many cosmetic mods, mine is more about function as well...

and to narrow it down to specific mods like a stance club or something like that? eff that, i think i'll stick to "dfw g club" or whatever.

i dont do the stance thing, or the LED thing, etc. but i think we need to stick to just tastefully modded cars. i'm gonna just go out on a limb and say that project 7 should include all tastefully modded g's. but what happens to those that want to be part of the movement but havent modded just yet?

i will rep project 7 with a rear quarter panel sticker, but i wanna make sure people have a chance to be part of it as well, as long as theyre enthusiasts with taste.

now taste is all relative too.

let's put some kinda small meet together this week... lets get this down.

who is free sometime this week? i'm in town and wanna be part of this.. or is this something that only specific people can "run" as well....

Old 10-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by duelper4mance
I agree 100% here. The first thing the club needs is a mission statement. You can't begin to integrate rules without a clear direction of where you want the club to go. If you want the club to represent a group of people passionate about our cars, you can't really say "oh, and you must have 20" or bigger wheels." One has nothing to do with the other. It's also important to remember that the more specific of rules the club has, the more people you may be alienating from the club without that intent. I have a clean g35, with very little mods so far. That will change over time, but my direction will most likely be function over form. I am after the ponies. Will that rule me out of the club because I don't have any exterior mods? Things to think about.
Right now I think we have a mix of mods. If our focus is on modded cars and not biased to performance or looks then it won't rule people out.

Edit: Damnit Ezpotato you said it first

I'm free before Thursday if that's cool(going to Austin for Halloween)

Old 10-24-2010, 12:23 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
For us, we may be exclusive, but we don't single anyone out of the group and not everyone on the Team is able to participate.

For example, we have a member that is very family oriented and cannot make it to most of the meets, and if he does, he cannot stay long. What he makes up in participation though is his ideas and input and the fact that we run our forum off of a server that he has provided.

Another member works crazy hours. He flies for Toyota and it is very rare that he makes it out to any of our meets or any of the shows. He is the exception because he is always willing to go to our events when he has time off and assist those that need help with their rides, be it detailing or maintenance.

So it basically comes down to who brings what to the table and what kind of group you're trying to establish.

The other members on the forum we openly invite to most of our own gatherings or if we're headed to a big meet, they are more then welcome to park with us. However, we have separated Team members from the forum members who come out by specific decals that we have placed on our cars. We have two different ones, one for "official members" and another one for "forum members."

What we also understand is that even though there may be a lot of G drivers out there that wanna come and hang out, not everyone will be wanting to participate in a dedicated team to the extent of others. That is where the Team members and forum members differ in that account.

How we deal with modding is that we only require your car be tastefully modded, and that is all up to the owner. We have a good mix of cosmetic and performance, and Kevin and Nando have a mix of both. Soundmike's car may not be that cosmetically appealing to others, but he's more into the Auto X scene so his mods are based merely on performance and handling. And not everyone with the Team is interested in showing, which is perfectly fine since it isn't their thing. But whenever the rest of the Team that like to show and be part of the scene, the other members do support us by making it out the event to spectate and hang out.

Again, you just don't want ANYONE to be part of your group or represent your family, because when it boils down to it... if you're having car trouble, you should feel that you can call any member of your Team to come and bail you out or help you out. That's the kind of Team you wanna have, but that's just my opinion.

The G35/G37 is what brings your people together, but when everything is said and done and when you move onto another car (heaven forbid), the bonds and friendships that you have created within your Team should still be there.

Last edited by XiN; 10-24-2010 at 12:29 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Project 7