Calling all the gurus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 07:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calling all the gurus

Happy holidays guys!!

Well it turns out that my G decided to mess up mine for a bit. I had the SES light on and found out 2 problems.
1. A gas tank leak coz of an amp screw that was drilled into it so was throwing the evap code. Got this fixed.

2. Good old Bank 2 sensor which had gone bad and got that replaced. My G has HFCs and also has non-foulers on it. But the darn SES light is back again after 40 miles to haunt me. I am running on expired state inspection and need to get this fixed.

Can I get the O2 code permanently deleted? Or can I take the battery out for 10 mins, clear the code and get the inspection done? Will it show up during the inspection? Also, is there someone who can do my state inspection with the SES on in DFW area?

Need some advice asap guys!!

Thanks!
Allstar

Old 12-27-2010, 09:07 PM
Doesn't the SES light usually take awhile to come back on after it's cleared?

Old 12-27-2010, 09:35 PM
Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts
Okay Im a state inspector myself so I can help you here. I believe Timothy sent me a message of FB and asked if I could help you out.

1. If that gas tank issue is fixed for sure, then it shouldnt be a problem.
2. The 02 sensor, if thats fixed then it shouldnt be a problem.. But what do you mean it has non foulers?

If you reset the battery it would not work still bc that would reset the whole ECU and all the monitors on your vehicle would be reset and "not ready". Im assuming your g35 is in the 03-07 range? If so you could only have one monitor thats "not ready". All the rest of them have to read "ready" or "NA". So basically if you reset the ECU youre not going to pass. What I can do for you is have you come by and I can take a look at it and most likey work my magic and get you to pass. It all comes with a price though. As long as the car is not throwing any fault codes it should be good, but if it does I can get rid of it but there is a 50/50% chance that it might not work but if it does work it will pass but eventually the SES light will come back or your car will throw fault codes and you would have to get it fixed or come back to me or someone else to do your state inspection again for the next year.

Last edited by Algy; 12-27-2010 at 09:55 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:41 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Dont know about Texas, but PA requires the car to be driven atleast 100 miles on the ecu so they can pull codes.

What kind of HFC's do you have? Mine dont have foulers and no code which means its probably a bad sensor and the code is coming on with foulers the sensor is shot.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:47 PM
Hi Algy,

Thanks, that would be great. Let me know where and when I can come over. Yup, both the problems were fixed and the O2 sensor code still pops up. My car had HFCs when I bought it and if I understand right, the non-foulers seemed to have been added to eliminate the SES light due to the HFCs.

Thanks!
AllStar

Originally Posted by Algy
Okay Im a state inspector myself so I can help you here. I believe Timothy sent me a message of FB and asked if I could help you out.

1. If that gas tank issue is fixed for sure, then it shouldnt be a problem.
2. The 02 sensor, if thats fixed then it shouldnt be a problem.. But what do you mean it has non foulers?

If you reset the battery it would not work still bc that would reset the whole ECU and all the monitors on your vehicle would be reset and "not ready". Im assuming your g35 is in the 03-07 range? If so you could only have one monitor thats "not ready". All the rest of them have to read "ready" or "NA". So basically if you reset the ECU youre not going to pass. What I can do for you is have you come by and I can take a look at it and most likey work my magic and get you to pass. It all comes with a price though.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:01 AM
Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts
Henrys Auto Repair
10861 Ferguson Rd. Dallas TX

You can come by tom. or whenever. Just make sure you ask for Algy, or my dad would just do your inspection and fail you. Im usually there from 12-6 which is closing. Most likely you will see my DG coupe there. Hopefully I can help you. I just installed Berk HFC today and so far no light issues =\ but damn does it make a huge difference.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:25 AM
Sure. Can you PM me your phone number so that I can call you before I come there.

Thanks!
AllStar

Old 12-31-2010, 11:28 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1) What is the actual code being thrown? get it scanned and give us the readout

2) You can reset your ecu and drive around for a while to where an inspection shop will get a reading yet before your check engine light comes back on.. if it is indeed coming on due to your HFC. This all depends on what your answer for 1) is.