Crack Down On Skylines

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crack Down On Skylines

http://jalopnik.com/#!5775509/feds-l...skyline-owners

man that article was crazy. If it is true than all I gotta say is wow.

People who have skyline badges better take them off because knowing how stupid FED's are they are going to think our car's are the same with nissan skylines.

Sorry folks. I FAIL =(.

TRY NEW LINk

Last edited by DashKid; 03-08-2011 at 01:10 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Your link is wrong

Old 03-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
that link is not working.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
FAIL!!! lol linky no worky!

Old 03-07-2011, 08:30 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Originally Posted by DashKid
People who have skyline badges better take them off because knowing how stupid FED's are they are going to think our car's are the same with nissan skylines.
They can't just seize your car because it says "Skyline" on it. The VIN must be run before they seize your Skyline. When they run your VIN, it'll come up as Infiniti G35, not Nissan Skyline 350GT.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:34 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Here, a simple google searched netted me this result.

""This week **** hit the fan in Kaizo, it's getting worse. A reliable source is filtering info down the channels that a certain turd that got caught has been spilling the beans and cooperating with agents, giving them the entire who what when where why of the deal. This goes for not only Kaizo but every other method and car, even the grandfathered Motorex cars are being inspected at RB motoring and all over. Those of you that have shipped in the past, hide it. Those of you thinking or trying to ship, don't. This **** storm is ranging from not only the sources of bringing them in but also various forums. I'd recommend people to not disclose any information regarding their vehicle or themselves, for those who have shipped before. For those who have registered their stuff in the U.S. using the JDM vins... good luck, if you havn't then I wouldn't attempt it at the moment."

"The man who owns the company "Kaizo" is Daryl, this stuff is not like the little he said she said petty **** from previous years and months. Cars at Kaizo have been seized this week as well as inventory computers, RB Motoring was paid a visit as well. Next step will be the DMV's to track the Kaizo VIN's as well as JDM VIN's for cars that didn't go through Motorex or Kaizo which is why I'm hoping to warn people ahead of time.

Put it this way, when Sean Morris starts getting phone calls about it then it's no joke, and this is that time. "

When Sean Morris (aka Tyndago/RBmotoring/Motorex) says,
"I had a call earlier today that ICE , DOT, and CARB had been at RB today doing some investigating. The investigators looked at a couple of the ex-Motorex cars, called the DOT and ended up leaving from RB. I called over to Kaizo to see what was happening over there, and I was informed that they were in the middle of it...Three cars got seized, along with records, and computers. Included in the three cars seized was the actual hero car from Fast and Furious 4. We will have to see how this plays out over the coming weeks and months."

This is the convo we're hearing from this side of the pond...just spreading the word if anybody has something that might have anything to do with this... If anyone doesnt know who Daryll is , he is the one that got the first R35 GTR in the USA from nissan north america. He was importing R34 GTRs and selling them as KAIZO cars. They had 17 digit vin numbers, etc.

Now his contention was they were unibodys so he was basically selling kit cars.

Seems the feds feel otherwise. This might be bad news for anyone with a state titled car per its JDM Vin number. "

And this little tid bit from Sean Morris, of Motorex....

"It is common to think that R33's can be legally imported and converted per Fed standards and driven on the road. It's it is just the R32 & R34's that are the problems; in reality no one can actually do it though. Passenger side airbag was an option in 1995, so the DOT (OVSC) excluded 1995 cars. This made only 1996-1998 R33's eligible. However, since there is no approved OBD II system for R33's, then it makes it impossible to bring it into compliance in accordance with the 3520-1(EPA import document).

Anyone saying they can do it is full of it; All R33's are illegal"
Edit: Upon further inspection of above linked article, I now realize it was like 2 years old. HAHA, jokes on me. I'll see what else I can find.