Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

1/8 Mile @ Qualmcomm; Slower with Spacer???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 03:24 AM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts
1/8 Mile @ Qualmcomm; Slower with Spacer???

Went drag racing tonight at Qualcomm.

I couldn't beat my best time so I have to settle for this.

Mods: X02, Motordyne 5/16 spacer (spacer didn't help me at all since I have a REVUP which doesn't help without the MREV2 according to Hydrazine's posts.

Reaction: .580
60 ft: 2.251
MPH: 77.85
ET: 9.285

Makes me wonder if the spacer slowed me down. I pulled better 60ft's and it was cooler and I still couldn't beat my best time.

I know there are factors, but I lost 1 MPH and .1 with the spacer.

Did a total of 27 runs.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
A lot of room for improvement there........what was the density altitude versus your prior trip to the track.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
place to make a big improvement - reaction time. but the air temperatures, humidity, and elevation (didn't change if you did it in the same place) all will have an effect. Also, even the weight of your car (full tank of gas or 1/4 tank is a difference of over 80 pounds)

Old 10-20-2009, 12:18 AM
Reaction time has nothing to do with et........I have seen cars sit at the lights for 8 seconds only to run a 7 second 1/4 miles. All of your weather variables are calculated into DA (Density Altitude), which I already mentioned. It is unlikely that 80 pounds will make a noticeable difference in et, but the weight adds up.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
Reaction time has nothing to do with et........I have seen cars sit at the lights for 8 seconds only to run a 7 second 1/4 miles. All of your weather variables are calculated into DA (Density Altitude), which I already mentioned. It is unlikely that 80 pounds will make a noticeable difference in et, but the weight adds up.
+1
your time dosent start until you move.

i agree with possible weather differences.. also maybe tires might not be as grippy now? and i have been told after you add the spacer and stuff, you wont run better without a retune..

Old 10-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Jairen
Went drag racing tonight at Qualcomm.

I couldn't beat my best time so I have to settle for this.

Mods: X02, Motordyne 5/16 spacer (spacer didn't help me at all since I have a REVUP which doesn't help without the MREV2 according to Hydrazine's posts.

Reaction: .580
60 ft: 2.251
MPH: 77.85
ET: 9.285

Makes me wonder if the spacer slowed me down. I pulled better 60ft's and it was cooler and I still couldn't beat my best time.

I know there are factors, but I lost 1 MPH and .1 with the spacer.

Did a total of 27 runs.
those are good times N/A for a G at the Q. Considering it's a parking lot. I think my best N/A there is 9.1 or 9.2.

If you did 27 runs you had to get there when they opened. When did you do the 9.2 run earlier or later in the night?

If earlier your car was heat soaked and you lost power. Next time you go try to let your car cool down for at least 30-45 mins with the hood open between runs.

If you are trying to make a PB make them count and get good runs (ie tire pressure, cool down, 1/4 tank of gas and anything heavy out of the trunk)

Old 10-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by Dsskyline
those are good times N/A for a G at the Q. Considering it's a parking lot. I think my best N/A there is 9.1 or 9.2.

If you did 27 runs you had to get there when they opened. When did you do the 9.2 run earlier or later in the night?

If earlier your car was heat soaked and you lost power. Next time you go try to let your car cool down for at least 30-45 mins with the hood open between runs.

If you are trying to make a PB make them count and get good runs (ie tire pressure, cool down, 1/4 tank of gas and anything heavy out of the trunk)
When are we going to line em up .........I might be at Cecil for Wednesday T&T.

Do you still have aj's dr's?

Old 10-23-2009, 10:49 PM
When are we going to line em up .........I might be at Cecil for Wednesday T&T.

Do you still have aj's dr's?
i was going home to get my car just for tomorrow but changed my mind because of the rain.

I have some et streets on some 16in mustang wheels. I don't know if they fit, but i couldn't pass them up for $75.

I'll be in CA next week so hopefully in Nov before the tracks close.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:33 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
it is said that 100 lbs = 5-7 hp (also, some say .1 in 1/4 mile)... even though its not a substantial difference, weight as much as 80 lbs is a factor.

General rule of thumb is 1/4 tank gas when going to track. *unless of course you just want to see what the car will do as on street (which I have done a few times; spare tire, fully loaded, 3/4+ tank of gas)... for best ET, lose as much weight as possible.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:35 AM
i was going home to get my car just for tomorrow but changed my mind because of the rain.

I have some et streets on some 16in mustang wheels. I don't know if they fit, but i couldn't pass them up for $75.

where you gonna be?... for how long?

Old 10-24-2009, 12:51 AM
Originally Posted by OCG35
it is said that 100 lbs = 5-7 hp (also, some say .1 in 1/4 mile)... even though its not a substantial difference, weight as much as 80 lbs is a factor.

General rule of thumb is 1/4 tank gas when going to track. *unless of course you just want to see what the car will do as on street (which I have done a few times; spare tire, fully loaded, 3/4+ tank of gas)... for best ET, lose as much weight as possible.
I fully realize that...............hence why my car is pretty much gutted. I was just pointing out that more often than not.......people on this site, generally limited in racing experience, will not see a benefit.

Most tracks are open till ~Thanksgiving, others until the weather permits, and Cecil has scheduled T&T's until the middle of Dec. Cecil is already the fastest track in the area (in my opinion), and it isn't without reason that DA's of well below -1000' that time of the year.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:54 AM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts

Thanks man. It's gonna be hard, but I will shoot for 8's with bolt on's & street tires.

So far my best is a 9.1@78.

Yes, I did get there when they opened up. In fact, I was the first to race that night.

What's sad is that I saw a G there struggle to break into the 9's.

Here's me at the track in the IP G taking on a boosted RSX and Merecdes. I raced the boosted RSX about 7 times and won them all but his traps were about 2-3 mph faster.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_8GpZh6iQzo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_8GpZh6iQzo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Old 10-24-2009, 01:13 AM
Mr.202?

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

hehe yea I had everything in my car and a 3/4th tank of gas when I did it :P. Ill do it again once I get mods and hopefully then I can take out stuff from my car and get the gas to 1/4 tank or less.

I did 9.420 @ 75.330 mph 99% stock.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:40 AM
where you gonna be?... for how long?
simi valley. The car looks mean do you have any other pics?

Old 10-24-2009, 10:59 AM
simi valley. The car looks mean do you have any other pics?
Thanks bro... not sure which pics you've seem so far, but we had a big photoshoot and meet a few weeks ago... Grant, Marcus and Calvin were the photogs and did amazing work!

here are a couple threads with pics (you might have seem these already?)
https://g35driver.com/forums/picture...sbycalvin.html

https://g35driver.com/forums/picture...otography.html

there's also this thread about the body work:
https://g35driver.com/forums/media-s...c-surgery.html

I also had an individual photo shoot with Grant at Zuma beach... I've posted a few of those photos around (they are unedited though).

If you ever get down here when you come out, be sure to let me know... I still owe you lunch anyway

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1/8 Mile @ Qualmcomm; Slower with Spacer???