Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

VDC Memory Anyone??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 10:58 AM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
VDC Memory Anyone??

The next Mod to come from KPTechnologies. whos interested?

Alright here it goes. Here is the info on the vdc memory from the window thread. Keep in mind the these were copied out so some of the info may seem choppy. I tried to make it flow together the best I could.

Re: How about window roll-up via OEM remote ? [re: KPierson]

SFLG35 (Member)
02/17/04 09:42 PM

id be in for the vdc off as well provided you can sell it for cheaper than the $80 thats al ready out. fiddler is makin them. there are posts on here and freshalloy bout them. on freshalloy there is a write up on how to do it as well

Daniel

5AT Coupe / DP / Premium / Aero / Clear Bra / 5% Tint - 30% Windshield / Ground Kit / Clear Corners / Shock Sensor / L.E.D. Hood Lights
Re: How about window roll-up via OEM remote ? [re: SFLG35]

KPierson ()
02/17/04 09:48 PM

The would be a circuit almost identical to the one used for the window roll up, but, modified to work with the switch and a completely different program. Also, about half of the components, so I would say they would the VDC memory add-on would sell for about $30 a piece... The main advantage is that this will not use the expensive timer switch that the others I have seen use. And, I havn't seen one that adds true memory to the switch, just ones that shut it off every time you start the car. Although I havn't looked too much into it....

KPierson (Newbie)
04/10/04 08:39 PM

BETA testers (Window Mod) how are things going? So far I've really only heard from Daniel on the final install (And the guy from Crawford Z on my350Z.com). I spent this weekend finishing up the final hardware version and I believe I have all the bugs worked out. I will be sending a new module to Daniel for him to test out. I will also be ordering all the parts necesarry to modify the existing 30+ modules I have waiting to ship. Unfortunatly I have to go back to Philly for two weeks for work again but when I return I plan on having about 50 of these done and ready to sell. Also, I will have about 20 or so VDC Memory switch modules. Basically, if you turn the VDC off it will stay off until you turn it back on. If you have it on it will stay on until you turn it off. I won't have selling prices until our website is launched and I won't know when we will launch the website until I have the module ready to sell! As I stated in previous posts I am ONLY going to announce the launch of the site in this thread. No other Nissan/Infiniti forum will have advanced knowledge of the opening date. Hopefully this way everyone on G35driver who wants one will be able to get one in the first shipment. The 2nd shipment will be at least 4 weeks later as I have to redesign the boards and reorder them. Oh yeah, our sunroof control module isn't too far from being done! It's almost ready for beta testing!!!!

Kevin
----------------------------------------------------------------
04 Diamond Graphite Coupe - FULLY loaded
Windows up with OEM Remote

roland ()
04/17/04 05:42 PM

Been lurking here about 8 months now. Finally got my 6MT coupe about 6 weeks ago. Got around to reading this tome a week or so ago. Hat's off to all involved.

I've got to have VDC memory function. Had the fuse out for a while, but got tired of looking at the lights on the dash and having no ABS. Getting very tired of being thrown forward instead of backward when I hit second gear though. Can't seem to remember to hit the stupid button until it cuts me off once.

Have the VDC functions been tested yet? Is that part going to be on the same board as the window rollup? Window rollup would be nice, but I don't really care about that.

Watching daily now for website go.

Re: How about window roll-up via OEM remote ? [re: roland]

SFLG35 (College Addict)
04/18/04 03:11 AM

ah the vdc. got to love it. as of right now there is only one out there, that is released to the public, which uses a timer switch and is very expensive. i looked into gettin it from the guy. they are 80 dollars or you could make it for bout 65 or 70, which i was not willing to do. as for kevins vdc memory there is only one of those total, right now but soon to be more. it will however be cheaper than the other 80 dollar one is what im told. by how much or the price i dont know, but it will be there soon. if anyone needs clarification on the window mod, when it becomes available shortly, feel free to contact me. the install is fairly easy just follow the instructions and the pictures i have posted and you should be set.

Daniel

5ATC / DP / Willow / Premium / Aero / Clear Bra / 5% Tint - 30% Windshield / Ground Kit / Clear Corners / Shock Sensor / L.E.D. Hood Lights / Z - Tube / OEM Remote Window Up / Auto VDC Off

Re: How about window roll-up via OEM remote ? [re: SFLG35]

roland ()
04/18/04 06:19 PM

I saw the thread wherever it was on the timed relay VDC off thing. Been thinking about doing that, but a memory capability seems more elegant. May still go that route if this doesn't come through soon.

SFLG35 (College Addict)
04/18/04 06:27 PM

you should tell kevin to stop slackin off and havin to work so much and get to makin the boards. it should be pretty soon though for both the vdc and window controllers.

Daniel

5ATC / DP / Willow / Premium / Aero / Clear Bra / 5% Tint - 30% Windshield / Ground Kit / Clear Corners / Shock Sensor / L.E.D. Hood Lights / Z - Tube / OEM Remote Window Up / Auto VDC Off

KPierson (Newbie)
04/18/04 11:08 PM

I feel the same way about the VDC mod. This way offers a more complete feature at half the price. I think the DRIVER should decide when they want VDC on or off and it should stay that way until the DRIVER changes it.

My Mom strongly disagrees with this mod, and yours probably does too.

Kevin
RE Short Shifter // Z Tube

SFLG35 (College Addict)
04/18/04 11:09 PM

what mom dont know cant hurt. is what i have to say.

Daniel

PimpinPearl (EZ Money)
04/19/04 03:24 PM

your mom actually knows what the VDC does? You let your mom drive your car??

Ivory Pearl / 6MT / Aero / Premium / Xenon Lights Everywhere / Mirror Tint / Injen CAI / Injen SES Exhaust / Tanabe Racing Springs / Ground Wire Kit / Apex'i S-AFC II
Re: How about window roll-up via OEM remote ? [re: PimpinPearl]

KPierson (Newbie)
04/19/04 09:22 PM

She knows a thing or two about the 'fun' button. And, I could never tell my Mom no. Especially after I wrecked HER car when I was 16. She doesn't drive it often, but she does like to take it for an occasional spin!

Kevin

KPierson (Newbie)
04/20/04 06:22 PM

Maybe we should do the sunroof in a different thread. As well as the VDC. Although I do like the many different discussions we've had in this thread. The sunroof control works a lot like the windows. If you press 'lock' twice within one second and the sunroof is either vented or open it will close. If you hit unlock twice within two seconds it will vent the sunroof. This module is at least 10x more complicated and harder to install the the window mod unfortunately due to the fact that the sunroof will not normally work with the car off. I haven't built any actual hardware for this module, but 99% of the code is done. I just received the hardware yesterday so any day, if I can find some time, I'll start testing it out and hopefully within the next two to three weeks I'll have a prototype built and in my car! This module will mount under the drivers dash, right next to the VDC module! hehe

Kevin

Daniel

5ATC / DP / Willow / Premium / Aero / Clear Bra / 5% Tint - 30% Windshield / Ground Kit / Clear Corners / Shock Sensor / L.E.D. Hood Lights / Z - Tube / OEM Remote Window Up / VDC Memory

Old 04-23-2004, 10:59 AM
FGC President
Re: VDC Memory Anyone??

sorry for the long post but its a combination of replys put together.

Daniel

5ATC / DP / Willow / Premium / Aero / Clear Bra / 5% Tint - 30% Windshield / Ground Kit / Clear Corners / Shock Sensor / L.E.D. Hood Lights / Z - Tube / OEM Remote Window Up / VDC Memory

Old 04-23-2004, 03:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd rather keep my ribs intact....thanks

OG 03.5

Old 04-23-2004, 04:40 PM
FGC President

thats why the seats have coushins in them.

Daniel

Old 04-24-2004, 12:49 PM
FGC President

no one wants there vdc to turn off automatically?

Daniel

Old 04-24-2004, 01:21 PM

I think it might be more of "no one here wants to read that entire post."

2003.5 G35 Coupe 6MT Black/Willow
- Texas Tech Mechanical Engineering - Texas Tech Advanced Vehicle Engineering -

Old 04-24-2004, 03:02 PM
FGC President

yeh prolly is. had to move the info somehow though.

Daniel

Old 04-25-2004, 12:30 PM
IQ9

I read it all and can we get a quick reference guide?

03.5 Sedan/B.Sil/Prem/Wntr/Aero/Tint/Rims/Hotchkis Sways--WHRER ARE OUR PARTS!
69 Chevelle Hard Top BB/4.11's/Posi

Old 04-25-2004, 02:07 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Quick reference guide? Here it goes:

The module has three wires:
1. Ignition power
2. VDC out
3. Ground

When hooking the module up you take apart the lower dash to expose the back of the VDC switch and the ignition harness. There are 4 wires on the VDC switch, 2 light wires and two wires for the switch. One wire (black) will read ground all the time. Hook the ground wire of the module to it. Another wire (blue\yellow?) will only read ground when the VDC button is plugged in and pushed in. Hook the VDC Out wire to this. The last wire strings across to the ignition harness and ties into the wire that is 12vdc when the car is on but not off (black/red). Thats it. The module is only powered when the car is on and stores the status of the VDC in EEPROM so it is never lost. Each time you start the car the microcontroller checks to see the last status of the VDC, if it was on then it does nothing, if it was off then it will output a signal to turn it back off. The box used is the same box as the window mod, about 2x2x.75. Easy enough to hide under the dash! As of right now Dan is the only person in the world who has one is his car, and he loves it. His module was in my car for a while, but I hardly ever mess with VDC so I sent it to him for proper testing. Eventaully, now that the track has opened back up I will put one back in my car! If you have anymore questions PM me or Dan!

Kevin

Old 04-25-2004, 02:15 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Considering an overwhelming majority of posts that start off, "So I turned off my VDC today..." end up in, "does anyone know where to get some new rims and a door panel?" Maybe that's a bit of why some people have grown apprehension about poking the sleeping lion that is the VDC switch [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by geobau on 04/25/04 11:18 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 04-25-2004, 06:47 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha that is true. This mod is designed for track use basically. And, for those who ALWAYS shut VDC off. When you get to the track you shut VDC off and then when you leave the track you turn it back on. At the track I go to you run a 1/4 about once an hour and your car is shut off in between for the majority of the time. I'm still always a little nervous when pulling up to the line so I tend to overlook VDC.

Kevin

Old 04-25-2004, 10:33 PM

Far be it from me to intimate that there are apparently many people who have one of these cars and shouldn't, but.......

That is still obviously the case. Many would probably be happy to have highway sensor/vehicle autopilot as well... I won't further denigrate any of my fellow forum members.

I can't remember too many posts like that though, but I have seen many members who swear by the value of VDC. To each their own. I prefer to control my own vehicle in my own way.

Kevin, please quit your job and make my VDC memory device! Or, don't quit your job and send me the parts!

I can't believe there are so many more people who want to roll up their windows by remote than drive their car to its full capabilities.

2004.5 TB/Willow 6MT Coupe
Aluminum Pedals
BEL RX75 Pro Plus
K&N Hi-Flow

Old 04-26-2004, 07:01 PM
FGC President

well i have a correction for that quick referance guide.
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Another wire (blue\yellow?) will only read ground when the VDC button is plugged in and pushed in.

<hr></blockquote>
its actually the blue green wire not blue yellow because there is no blue yellow.

GeoBau (Pooh Bau)
04/25/04 02:15 PM

Considering an overwhelming majority of posts that start off, "So I turned off my VDC today..." end up in, "does anyone know where to get some new rims and a door panel?" Maybe that's a bit of why some people have grown apprehension about poking the sleeping lion that is the VDC switch.

<hr></blockquote>
those post happen because people dont know how to drive the car or what its limits are because they dont ever drive with the vdc off. they also happen cause people push the button then go out and do dumb stuff that cause those things to happen. i can also bet that it happens when it has just finished raining and the roads are a little wet. i know this because i have done it before and gone completely sideways goin down the road, which was not as fun as one might think.

if you were to drive with it off normally then people would learn what the car is capable of doin and wouldnt do stupid stuff.

roland (Newbie)
04/25/04 10:33 PM

I can't remember too many posts like that though, but I have seen many members who swear by the value of VDC. To each their own. I prefer to control my own vehicle in my own way.

Kevin, please quit your job and make my VDC memory device! Or, don't quit your job and send me the parts!

I can't believe there are so many more people who want to roll up their windows by remote than drive their car to its full capabilities.

<hr></blockquote>
o they are there. havent been very many lately but there were some in the past just got to search for them. im right there with you on controllin the vehicle my own way, but the vdc is good when its raining and stuff like that. Convenience, "laziness," is the way of america, and im right there on that one as well.

Kevin: maybe you should quit your job. on another note, you ever goin to answer my pm i send you a while ago.

Daniel

Old 04-26-2004, 11:31 PM

God knows I'm the laziest SOB around. Just ask my wife. I think you're absolutely right about conditions, experience and common sense though.

2004.5 TB/Willow 6MT Coupe
Aluminum Pedals
BEL RX75 Pro Plus
K&N Hi-Flow