Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

Problem: Clutch, Transmission Fluids, Clutch height?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Problem: Clutch, Transmission Fluids, Clutch height?

Hi, I've been searching these forums for some answers to my dilemma but was unable to find anything similar.

I own a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6-speed Manual Transmission (6MT). When I started the car today I tried shifting into first gear with the clutch fully pressed. The stick would not go into any gear. My dad took a look at the car and found the same results, we were not able to put it into gear. Then he pulled the clutch with his hands and it popped. For some reason the clutch seemed to be stuck. However, after he pulled the clutch, the height of the clutch has changed. When I bought the car, the previous driver had most probably adjusted the clutch to be even with the brake pedal. However, after my dad pulled the clutch today morning the clutch is a good 1.5 inches higher than the brake pedal.

I called the local auto shop and told them to take a look and they said the problem is most probably with the hydraulics or transmission fluids. The car however runs perfectly fine, it's just that the clutch is in a much higher position now which has been throwing me off.

Does anyone know what might have happened? Why didn't the car shift into gear in the morning? How in the world did the clutch pedal's height readjust?

Thank you.