Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

OEM driveshaft measurements? Can anyone help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 01:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEM driveshaft measurements? Can anyone help?

Greetings. My name is Kevin and I知 looking for a little help. I need the measurement of the rear half of a driveshaft from a G35 Coupe.

I知 still looking into this, but I am led to believe that the rearend (rear diff / axle / axle housing) for G35 manuals and automatics have the same input flange. This is not true for the G37s which I値l get to in a minute. If the flanges are the same for both the automatics and manuals, is the rear half of the driveshaft the same?

It痴 a long story, but I知 changing my rearend on my G37. The automatics come with a different flange and coupling compared to the manuals. The new rearend has the same coupling as the manuals do, which I believe is the same coupling as is found on all G35s. I don稚 want to swap flanges on the new rearend because the pinion does not have the centering pin and wouldn稚 center itself correctly with my current coupling.

I知 looking for the measurement of the rear half of the driveshaft. I知 wondering if I can take the back half of a G35 driveshaft and swap it out with the back half on my G37痴.

Name:  G35DSauto2a.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  47.5 KB

I知 really only need measurements L2 and C2.

Name:  Driveshaftmeas.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  59.6 KB

Thanks for any help you can provide.