Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

clutch/flywheel replaced with oem parts.. p0011, p0011 and p0021

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clutch/flywheel replaced with oem parts.. p0011, p0011 and p0021

I dropped my car off for a new clutch/flywheel last week. I dropped the car off with that being the sole issue... After a 1600 quote to replace with oem parts, which seemed reasonable, I got my car back for almost dealer prices.. $2200 with the service engine light on and it's showing the p0011, p0014 and p0021 (timing over advanced) codes. It's not running rough. It's not hard to start..

It does lack power. It feels like a Prius pulling a trailer. Other than that and slight backfiring on decel, it seems like nothing is wrong with the car.

To try and troubleshoot we tested the cam sensors and also tried to clean the variable control timing cilinoid, which was clean and free of debris.

No such luck on any of it. I've read just about every possibility.. from the flywheel being mounted incorrectly to the timing chain jumping. I've taken it to three different places to be looked at and everyone's come up with different answers.

Any and all help would be incredibly appreciated. I'm so lost, they guy who did the work isn't taking any responsibility and I just want my car back to normal

The car is stock, unmolested and has 119k miles on it. It's an 06. I don't know if any of that is relevant.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:50 PM
Received 96 Likes on 63 Posts
The flywheel is definitely installed incorrectly. I have seen this numerous times in the past when the flywheel is not lined up properly with the line up pin. Someone is going to have to drop the trans and take that clutch back out unfortunately. The person that did the work should be soley responsible for this by all means. Hope this helps

Old 02-05-2014, 07:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok here we go. I had the code p0014 and it took me months to fix the issue. You Need To Replace The Front Cover For Bank one/two..can't remember(that's specifically for p0014). After I addressed that I ended up having to change my ecu. P0014 is a bitch.. I hope your journey is not as costly (2k)and long as mine.

Old 02-05-2014, 07:42 PM
I sincerely hope it's just the flywheel, as I said... the car didn't have the issue before hand. It's going to be torn apart this weekend, but just as I was pulling in today, the vdc/slip lights came on.

I think I'm going to just curl up into a ball and cry (I'm a girl, so I'm entitled)... are we still thinking it's the flywheel........?

Old 02-05-2014, 10:04 PM
Absolutely the flywheel. The vdc and slip lights always come on for crazy sensor codes. When the flywheel is removed you will see that the line up pin on the crankshaft is not lined up in the proper spot on the flywheel. This should take care of the entire problem. Keep your head up girl. Save those tears for another day.

Old 02-05-2014, 10:11 PM
If I could hug you, I would. Trust me. The guy who did it and charged me 9 hours of labor (3 because he had to use an air hammer to cut the flywheel bolts off) hasn't even offered to refund the labor portion of my $2200 bill.
Will I hurt the car more if I drive it? I have a motorcycle, but Florida isn't really the sunshine state. It rained all day here today. =(

Old 02-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by R1Chick
If I could hug you, I would. Trust me. The guy who did it and charged me 9 hours of labor (3 because he had to use an air hammer to cut the flywheel bolts off) hasn't even offered to refund the labor portion of my $2200 bill.
Will I hurt the car more if I drive it? I have a motorcycle, but Florida isn't really the sunshine state. It rained all day here today. =(
Shouldn't hurt to drive it as long as car is not going into failsafe or anything. Just glad to help out. Feel free to pm me if you have any other questions. Hope everything works out for you and remember save those tears for another day.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by R1Chick
Did this issue ever get resolved?? I am in the exact same situation. My 06 6mt coupe needed a new clutch. Got it and flywheel replaced and as soon as I hopped in my car SES is on. Exact same 3 codes.

Nick