Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

G35 Coupe Clutch Disengagement Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 07:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry G35 Coupe Clutch Disengagement Issue

Hello all,

My car recently had it's slave cylinder, throw-out bearing, flywheel and clutch replaced as the previous owner had really worn it out. I recently got it replaced by a Clutch Industries (Australian) heavy duty performance clutch, and the work was carried out by a mechanic.

Now that I got the car back, I have noticed that it is holding revs in the higher RPM band, and the gears require much more force than before to change, notably into first and reverse from stand-still. The mechanic told me that he had issues getting the clutch to disengage properly a few days ago, however, told me today that the car was ready to be picked up.

I am convinced that they didn't fix this issue. Are these issues common in '03 Coupes? Any ideas on what I can do to fix it, or if I could inform the mechanic about how to do this (without sounding like a *****)?

It's on 125,000km or 77,000 miles. Clutch needed replacement due to very obvious wear from the previous owner.

Kind regards.

Old 04-17-2017, 02:07 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
The clutch pedal on these cars have a "helper" spring that makes pressing the clutch pedal a bit easier. The down side is that the normal pedal "feel" isn't there and it can make clutch pedal adjustment pretty hard for someone not experienced with these cars. That's probably the main reason your mechanic was having trouble.

A mechanic familiar with the Nissan Z33/34 platform should be able to adjust it properly. Other options are to remove that spring from the clutch pedal, and the RJM clutch pedal assembly is a great replacement option.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.