Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

Need help picking clutch kit!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 03:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help picking clutch kit!!

Im currently at 111k miles and its time to replace my OEM clutch. Im currently looking at JWT Clutch & Flywheel, Z1 Clutch and Flywheel, and Competition Clutch and Flywheel. Which is most recommended, performance wise and ride enjoyability. Also I've been looking on EBAY at "EXEDY CLUTCH PRO-KIT+RACE FLYWHEEL " sold by grip force-clutches, 100% positivity and 422 sol. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on it that way I could perhaps save some money for another mod. My g is a DD. Not planning to do any track but do drive fast A LOT.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:31 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Rich a couple of things. When starting new threads please find the most appropriate forum to put them in, I've moved this one to the Drivetrain section. It helps other people with similar questions find your thread faster and keeps Driver cleaner and more organized. Also, please use the search function or Google to research on your own before posting commonly asked questions such as yours, this is actually one of the forum rules There are literally hundreds of threads dealing with this topic here. Finally before you do any more browsing please read and familiarize yourself with the forum rules and follow them. That will make your time here more informed and provide you the best experience you can have as a member of the premiere G forum on the internet.

Welcome to our little dysfunctional family and enjoy your stay.

Old 05-24-2017, 09:18 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by RichCityG
Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on it that way I could perhaps save some money for another mod. My G is my DD. Not planning to do any track but do drive fast A LOT.
Since you depend on your G as a daily driver and you have no intention of tracking it here's a consideration...your OE clutch lasted 100K+ miles replace it with a factory clutch! Only time I ever had to replace a clutch, that's what I did with great success! (no headaches)
Gary

Old 05-25-2017, 02:35 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Look in the vendor section, there's a great deal on JWT clutch, flywheel combo, just purchased mine from them last week. It's a great deal and shipping was very fast.

https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-vendor-119/

Last edited by lasen72; 05-25-2017 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Added link to vendor page

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.