Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

G35 2006 Coupe manual WONT shift into any gears

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 10:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
G35 2006 Coupe manual WONT shift into any gears

I'm new to the forums an just had this problem and needed a solution. I have a 2006 g35 coupe with 130k miles and it won't go into any gears. I did the usual checked fluids I changed my slave cylinder and my master cylinder and bleed the entire system. I have no idea why it's still not working. When I start the car and try to shift into a gear it wont let me. The car shifts when off and if I start it on a gear it doesn't let me shift out the gear. The only thing I did not change was the master to slave cylinder pipe. When I try to push it into 1st gear car rolls a tiny bit. This is my first post so if I left something out let me know and I will provide whatever information is needed thank you hope you guys can help me out

Last edited by Amiryy; 08-08-2017 at 11:00 PM.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:30 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Sounds like the clutch is not disengaging, first try a.full bleed of the clutch system to ensure there is no air, this will also give you a good indication as to the master cylinder functioning. You should have a good solid blast of fluid every time you open the bleeder. If the master is good and there's no air in the.line then the problem is either a failed slave cylinder or the clutch is bound up at the throw out brearing, or fork, or the clutch itself broke.

Old 08-09-2017, 09:33 AM
I bleed the entire system already after installing the new master cylinder it's a duralast one. I also bought a slave cylinder about a month ago which I installed as well. It could be a defected slave which I think I'm gonna buy another one just to check

QUOTE=cleric670@gmail;7114193]Sounds like the
clutch is not disengaging, first try a.full bleed of the clutch system to ensure there is no air, this will also give you a good indication as to the master cylinder functioning. You should have a good solid blast of fluid every time you open the bleeder. If the master is good and there's no air in the.line then the problem is either a failed slave cylinder or the clutch is bound up at the throw out brearing, or fork, or the clutch itself broke.[/QUOTE]

Old 08-14-2017, 10:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having same exact issues also

I having exact same issues with mine also right now. Also replaced Clutch Master cyl, new Slave, hard steel line, solid flushed new fluid, car go able to shift into aby gear smooth as butter only when car turn off, but wont even go into any gear when started. Put into 1st gear and turn on the key it start but car go forward wont able to shift back to nuetral or any gear. It wasnt like that before I changed anything. Well, honestly it was alil grind only,thats before i start workin on it but now its completely solid stiff its like my clutch wont even disengaging. Probably my clutch is out or broken maybe? Got action clutch stage 3 on about a yr and abit over. Thats weird if its already broken. Car so low I cant tow to shop atm unless ill take bumper off might able. Plz lmk if u found out an issues because I need smoge check this month ASAP for new registration. Thanks ya

Old 08-14-2017, 10:34 PM
I found my issue I dropped my trans and t turns out my pressure plates on the clutch

Was broken and my throwout bearing was bad as well so I am currently changing my clutch and all that

QUOTE=Street-g35;7114797]I having exact same issues with mine also right now. Also replaced Clutch Master cyl, new Slave, hard steel line, solid flushed new fluid, car go able to shift into aby gear smooth as butter only when car turn off, but wont even go into any gear when started. Put into 1st gear and turn on the key it start but car go forward wont able to shift back to nuetral or any gear. It wasnt like that before I changed anything. Well, honestly it was alil grind only,thats before i start workin on it but now its completely solid stiff its like my clutch wont even disengaging. Probably my clutch is out or broken maybe? Got action clutch stage 3 on about a yr and abit over. Thats weird if its already broken. Car so low I cant tow to shop atm unless ill take bumper off might able. Plz lmk if u found out an issues because I need smoge check this month ASAP for new registration. Thanks ya[/QUOTE]

The following 2 users liked this post by Amiryy:
ErikNYC (08-14-2017), Street-g35 (08-14-2017)
Old 08-14-2017, 11:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really appreciate it Amirry I thought something is broken and now confirmed by you so Ima just order another clutch. Damn is Action clutch that horrible about just a year use :O jeez. Might bring it to them so hopefully get some words sort out, will see. Thanks so much again.

Old 08-14-2017, 11:44 PM
Idk bro just go with a exedy clutch they are good and a

Luk clutch they are oem replacement

Originally Posted by Street-g35
I really appreciate it Amirry I thought something is broken and now confirmed by you so Ima just order another clutch. Damn is Action clutch that horrible about just a year use :O jeez. Might bring it to them so hopefully get some words sort out, will see. Thanks so much again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.