Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

I need help with check engine codes and solutions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 05:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need help with check engine codes and solutions

I recently bought a 05 Infiniti g35 vq35de rev-up 6mt it has 104k miles and when I got it the check engine light was on guy selling it said it was for a o2 sensor got it back home and ran the codes my self popped up p1084 p1078 replaces the exhaust timing sensors and those codes went away and then p0024 popped up since then I’ve replaced the VTC acutator/solenoid replaced the crankshaft position sensor changed the oil and filter took it to Nissan and got them to run the exhaust timing relearn and they said when they hooked they’re computer up it came back with p0024 p1212 u1001 I hadn’t seen p1212 and u1001 a single time even doe I hooked my computer up right before I took it to them to get the procedure done I need someone who’s dealt with these codes before to give me advice on what to do now because at this point idek and I’m thinking about just giving up and selling the car even doe I’ve dream of having a g35 for years and busted my *** to get one and now just seems like everything breaking on it

Old 04-24-2018, 07:00 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Pay Nissan for the diagnostic to tell you what's wrong with your vehicle, then you can decide how to proceed with the repairs by either doing it yourself, an independant reputable shop, or having Nissan do it.

P1212 is a CAN communications interruption between the traction control and the ECU

U1001 is a general CAN communications error between the ECU and various systems.

You might simply have a CAN problem.

It might be related to your battery, is the battery old and weak?

Have you done or had any work done to the stereo lately or removed components around the center dash/glovebox/etc?

Old 04-24-2018, 07:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Pay Nissan for the diagnostic to tell you what's wrong with your vehicle, then you can decide how to proceed with the repairs by either doing it yourself, an independant reputable shop, or having Nissan do it.

P1212 is a CAN communications interruption between the traction control and the ECU

U1001 is a general CAN communications error between the ECU and various systems.

You might simply have a CAN problem.

It might be related to your battery, is the battery old and weak?

Have you done or had any work done to the stereo lately or removed components around the center dash/glovebox/etc?
it had a sub and amp when I got the car and I’ve bought a brand new battery since I’ve got the car and how much do they charge to diagnose the problem

Old 04-24-2018, 08:32 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
They charge an hourly rate usually but some issues will be a flat diagnostic fee, usually when you describe the symptoms they can give you an estimate for how long, most problems are found in 1 hour since Consult-II has a pretty comprehensive test. You'll have to call and ask your local Nissan, rates are different everywhere.