Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

installed stillen grounding kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
installed stillen grounding kit

i have an 03 6mt and i installed the kit last night. i definitely felt an increase in throttle response...i drive my car 6 hours a day so i notice all the changes that occur when im driving it...i know alot of people say that it doesnt do anything and its all in the mind but for me the increase in throttle response was worth the installation...im gonna see what other changes occur if any when i drive again today...also i didnt like the way the stillen instructions were worded at times and the black and white pictures sucked...so if any of you guys get stuck like i did just shoot me a pm and ill gladly help you out...peace...here's a pic

Attached Thumbnails installed stillen grounding kit-stillen-grounding-002smaller.jpg   installed stillen grounding kit-stillengrounding8.jpg  

Last edited by bull3t; 09-20-2006 at 01:14 AM.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the Stillen as well. Before that I had the Sun Auto kit. Of the two, I found that I liked the Stillen less than the Sun Auto, but it looked better because it's designed for the G35/350Z. But yes, the instructions suck, and I also found that the construction quality was "iffy" on a couple of the wires.

I put the Sun Kit on my old Benz, and found similar benefits, but it took some experimentation with different points (thanks Gord )

I decided to change over to the GroundingGear System since I had a buyer for the Stillen, and I'm glad I did. Best of the lot for looks, performance (and yes, it's definitely noticeable despite what others say that all wires are created equal), and cost. I've been a cheer-leader for the product ever since (Actually I was a skeptic about grounding kits, like most are/were prior to 2003, so it's my way of eating my words, and giving the heads up to others).

For a normally aspirated car, I think that the grounding kits and my plenum are the best bang-for-your-buck out there.

Old 09-20-2006, 08:41 AM
Excellent...thanks bull3t!

Old 09-20-2006, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by ckg35
I had the Stillen as well. Before that I had the Sun Auto kit. Of the two, I found that I liked the Stillen less than the Sun Auto, but it looked better because it's designed for the G35/350Z. But yes, the instructions suck, and I also found that the construction quality was "iffy" on a couple of the wires.

I put the Sun Kit on my old Benz, and found similar benefits, but it took some experimentation with different points (thanks Gord )

I decided to change over to the GroundingGear System since I had a buyer for the Stillen, and I'm glad I did. Best of the lot for looks, performance (and yes, it's definitely noticeable despite what others say that all wires are created equal), and cost. I've been a cheer-leader for the product ever since (Actually I was a skeptic about grounding kits, like most are/were prior to 2003, so it's my way of eating my words, and giving the heads up to others).

For a normally aspirated car, I think that the grounding kits and my plenum are the best bang-for-your-buck out there.
good write up.

Old 10-03-2006, 11:38 AM
did they give you directions on how to install it?

Old 10-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Yes you can get directions on the install.

Old 10-05-2006, 12:25 PM
i guess it shouldnt be too hard but i'm scared that i might ground something that has a positive flow?