Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Need some advice on mods...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 01:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need some advice on mods...

Currently running an amuse titan tube from tb to maf, w/ stock snorkel and drop in nismo filter.

W/ all the posting on oil consumption and blow-by, I've been looking into getting a oil catch can. I have some PE cats and an ARC titan exhaust on the way and would like to keep the exhaust compenents relatively free from the effects of blow-by (I would be pissed to have my PE cats clog, when they are $$$ and take so long to get).

I realise the DIY is quite effective and is a very cheap way to accomplish things, I'm looking to get a larger unit and don't want to bother rummaging through home dept-I got cases to work on

I want to buy the ARC v.2 can, but realize the stock snorkel must come off. Do you guys think it is worth it to remove the short ram snorkel and lose a lil air to install the ARC can. I'm NA, but bolts-ons and I rev'r regularly and drive agressively (but safe of course) Do you guys think my setu warrants a catch can, or is it really only worth it if you are F/I?

I was thinking that if I was going to install the ARC can, then I could buy the arc intake box and connect this to my amuse titan tube. Has anyone done this? marty maybe?

Anyone have any comments/experiences w/ either the arc v.2 oil catch can or the arc intake box (decrease/increase in perf. compared to stock--since its aluminum, does it heatsoak?) for the g coupe?

Thanks! quick pik of current engine bay, sports 06 sports bumper, and sun auto pedals installed : Last pic is of arc oil catch can installed on a Z.

Last edited by jonnylaw; 09-12-2007 at 02:14 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:22 AM
A ad for the induction box states:

"ARC has built its reputation by designing some of the best direct replacement parts in Japan. They use superior materials such as Titanium and quality Aluminium to produce some of the more attractive parts on the market without compromising on quality. They focus on cooling technology, exhausts and other niche market products like these.

ARC Super Air induction boxes have an outstanding reputation in Japan. They have now created a new style for newer cars. They easily fit in the standard locations and they offer enhanced filtration and response over OEM items. They are designed to breath fresh air into the air intake system for increased throttle response at all times. The new funnel filter design stabilises the air speeds to create the maximum flow and efficiency at all RPM.

The ARC induction shroud is constructed from lightweight aluminium for durability and resistance to temperature variations in the engine bay. It also offers an engine bay enhancement.

The ARC Airbox uses the new ARC Funnel style Filter elements which offer superior flow and filtration over OEM items. They are also supplied with the ARC logo visible to enhance your engine bay. Colour supplied is Red and Blue only."

http://www.neweraparts.com/Default.a...&ProductID=682

Old 09-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Nobody have any comment on the new arc air airbox w/ cone filter?

Supposedly the box is bigger than the stock one, but dunno hoe complete of a seal the box has. Anyone have installed could comment?

Last edited by jonnylaw; 09-12-2007 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sup man, thanks on the the Amuse piping help here is my current setup with the ARC induction box. The box is not completely shielded and is somewhat larger than the stock box. Installing it was a piece of cake. PM me if you need further help.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by martyg35
Sup man, thanks on the the Amuse piping help here is my current setup with the ARC induction box.

Thx for the pic marty! looks nice

How do you like the arc box? How does it compare w/ stock? Same performance/throttle response, better, worse?

Old 09-12-2007, 11:07 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

Originally Posted by jonnylaw
Thx for the pic marty! looks nice

How do you like the arc box? How does it compare w/ stock? Same performance/throttle response, better, worse?

Better response but it could be a combination of the tomei headers, motordyne spacer I installed in the same time frame. As for the ARC V2 oil catch can, I have one on order but I'm not sure where I would mount it. BTW, I love your ENDLESS BBK. My Zeal coils are coming in next week but its no Endless BBK .

Last edited by martyg35; 09-12-2007 at 11:10 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:11 PM
^^Thx Marty. How is the sound? Is there more of a whistling than w/ stock? Does it sound nice w/ the titan tube? Are you pleased w/ the overall setup?

Def. love the endless BBk every day, but I would love some zeal coilovers as well! Equal baller status fersure.

Couldn't u mount the v.2 it in the same location as w/ the 350z (below the plenum--where the snorkel was)?--see pic above of it installed on the z. Also, some minor adjustments need to be made for the mounting location on the G, but from what I've heard it's minor work to get mounted

quote:
"I tried installing one of these ARC oil catch tanks on a G35 yesterday, i had noticed the bracket that goes to the radiator needs to be modified to fit as it needs to be 1.4" longer.....just a heads up as this might confuse you. Otherwise it fits other then that, a normal reputable shop should know what to."

Last edited by jonnylaw; 09-12-2007 at 11:17 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

^^Thx Marty. How is the sound? Is there more of a whistling than w/ stock? Does it sound nice w/ the titan tube? Are you pleased w/ the overall setup?

Def. love the endless BBk every day, but I would love some zeal coilovers as well! Equal baller status fersure.

No whistling sound compare to stock and the JWT pop charger I had before while waiting for the ARC box. My amuse exhaust drowns out the intake sound so I really can't tell how well the amuse/ARC combination is. Overall, I love the look and performance .

The ARC V2 could be mounted as the same place the 350z has it but I might relocate it since I want to show off my polished ARC radiator for shows . One of my buddy has a new V2 catch can which i can use to mockup where I want to mount mine in the future.

Last edited by martyg35; 09-12-2007 at 11:23 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:23 PM
No whistling sound compare to stock and the JWT pop charger I had before while waiting for the ARC box. My amuse exhaust drowns out the intake sound so I really can't tell how well the amuse/ARC combination is. Overall, I love the look and performance .
Thx Marty. I might just go ahead and buy the shroud and catch can. BTW, my ARC full titan custom exhaust (muffler, b pipe) is at port, but delayed for customs, and I will have it in a few weeks. Gotta luv the titan pieces!

I also have an ARC radiator and luv it . Let me kno what you come up with for mounting locations--thx bro

Last edited by jonnylaw; 09-12-2007 at 11:25 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

Thx Marty. I might just go ahead and buy the box and catch can. BTW, my ARC full titan custom exhaust (muffler, b pipe) is at port, but delayed for customs, and I will have it in a few weeks. Gotta luv the titan pieces!

Wow please post pics of the ARC exhaust! and congrats on the UBER rare piece

Old 09-12-2007, 11:32 PM
Wow please post pics of the ARC exhaust! and congrats on the UBER rare piece
For sure bro. It definetly was hard to get, as ARC officially stopped making their single path titan exhaust for the cpv35 at the beginning of this year. But lucky enough, I requested a custom order from Mackin/ARC Japan, and the order was approved b/c they still had the jigs for the exhaust--This was in may. I imagine I'll have it in oct. 6 month wait, but apparently kwame at z1 waited 12 months for his for his z, so I don't feel to bad about it. I also ordered an ARC y-pipe after I order the 2 piece exhaust, which Mackin passed the request on to ARC japan, but supposedly according to Kwame, the arc titan y-pipe is no longer being made, so I might not get that, and I have a tanabe y pipe to use in its place w/ the ARC 2 piece.

What y pipe do you have installed Marty?

Old 09-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

For sure bro. It definetly was hard to get, as ARC officially stopped making their single path titan exhaust for the cpv35 at the beginning of this year. But lucky enough, I requested a custom order from Mackin/ARC Japan, and the order was approved b/c they still had the jigs for the exhaust--This was in may. I imagine I'll have it in oct. 6 month wait, but apparently kwame at z1 waited 12 months for his for his z, so I don't feel to bad about it. I also ordered an ARC y-pipe after I order the 2 piece exhaust, which Mackin passed the request on to ARC japan, but supposedly according to Kwame, the arc titan y-pipe is no longer being made, so I might not get that, and I have a tanabe y pipe to use in its place w/ the ARC 2 piece.

What y pipe do you have installed Marty?

I have the JIC Y-pipe on order and it should be coming in next month. That is probably my last bolt on performance product on my list to buy and I'm getting the Cosworth plenum as a gift from a lady friend of mine who missed my b-day and etc..

Old 09-13-2007, 01:36 PM
I have the JIC Y-pipe on order and it should be coming in next month. That is probably my last bolt on performance product on my list to buy and I'm getting the Cosworth plenum as a gift from a lady friend of mine who missed my b-day and etc..
niice! The carbon caps on the cosworth plenum look hot! When do u think you'll recieve the plenum-is there a release date?

Old 09-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

niice! The carbon caps on the cosworth plenum look hot! When do u think you'll recieve the plenum-is there a release date?

The Cosworth plenum is available late September due to shipping delays but I won't get mine anytime soon . I would most likely get it from Sharif@Forgedperformance

http://www.forgedperformance.com/sto...cat=264&page=1

Old 09-13-2007, 01:48 PM
I know its pure speculation at this point but how do you think the cosworth will stack up against the mrev2 and 5/16 ISO spacer combo? The cosworth looks like it will clear the arc strut, no?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need some advice on mods...