Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

FAST INTENSIONS Exhaust Break In

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAST INTENSIONS Exhaust Break In

I just got the Fast Intensions Cat Back and Res Test Pipes installed today. I was thinking that is was going to be louder. Everyone says that it will get louder in time, I was wondering if anyone had any idea how long it takes and how much louder it will get. Just a little, 50% louder, or a ton louder. Thanks for the info

dj

Old 11-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Not much louder.....should break in fully by about 1,500 miles or so. The smell of mandrel bending machine oil should go away withing a few hundred miles.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
1,000 miles seems to be the most accepted "break-in" for an exhaust or, a car in general.

It won't get much louder after break in.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:01 PM
I figured it would be around 1000, but everyone kept saying it will get a lot louder. I never rememeber any of my other exhausts getting louder but they were always 4 cyl Honda's. I guess I will have to get a custom x pipe then. I expected it to be louder. Everyone said it sounded like the G on steroids. It is more like a G on Creatine. .

I do love the fact that at normal highway driving speeds that you can hold a conversation or answer the phone. Every car I have ever had with an exhaust I could barely hear my own voice when talking so I know others couldn't hear me. I am a little worried that if I get the X-pipe I will back in the same boat though. I guess I will wait and see how it sounds in 500-1000 miles.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:15 AM
IMO if your car is so loud you can't even hear someone else in your car that is way too loud, and I honestly hate cars like that. It's enough I have little annoying ****head kids going around the neighborhood in their mopeds Saturday mornings.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:19 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by skyhorse
I figured it would be around 1000, but everyone kept saying it will get a lot louder. I never rememeber any of my other exhausts getting louder but they were always 4 cyl Honda's. I guess I will have to get a custom x pipe then. I expected it to be louder. Everyone said it sounded like the G on steroids. It is more like a G on Creatine. .

I do love the fact that at normal highway driving speeds that you can hold a conversation or answer the phone. Every car I have ever had with an exhaust I could barely hear my own voice when talking so I know others couldn't hear me. I am a little worried that if I get the X-pipe I will back in the same boat though. I guess I will wait and see how it sounds in 500-1000 miles.
It sounds to me that you have gotten use to the loudness of your past exhausts; I can infer that they were obnoxiously loud.

Do you have HFC/TP's and/or Headers? That would definately make the exhaust louder. And ofcourse, help performance. But it won't make this exhaust "obnoxious" in terms of loudness. That's one of the reasons why I love this exhaust.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:16 AM
do you like the exhaust over all though?

Old 11-13-2007, 03:17 AM
Originally Posted by skyhorse
Everyone said it sounded like the G on steroids. It is more like a G on Creatine. .

Old 11-13-2007, 03:48 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
sound clip.......??????

Old 11-13-2007, 09:15 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
it should be loud with the Test Pipes...

Old 11-13-2007, 10:20 AM
I do have test pipes - I love the sound of exhaust overall I just expected it to be louder.

I agree that if you can not hear someone talk in the car it is way to loud and abnoxious. I am VERY glad that this exhaust does not do that. There is NO droning with this exhaust even with the test pipes. The quailty is top notch, i wish i would have taken pictures when it was up on the rack last night. I left my camera at home. If you want a sound clip you will have to tell me how to do it and what to use. I have never done a sound clip before sorry, hell I can't even resize pictures, I have never been shown how to do it.

ANOTHER ISSUE, BUT IT SHOULD BE MINOR, I'M THROWING A CODE NOW. Does anyone know how to reset the ECU? Please don't post a search button or anything like that, I figured since we are talking that I might as well ask. I know how to search. I will be installing the Motordyne 5/16th spacer on Thursday, if I can figure out how to do the sound clip I will do a before and after. I wish I would have done a stock one so we all could hear the difference side by side. Any help on the code issue would be greatly appreciated.

dustin

Old 11-13-2007, 01:17 PM
your CEL will ALWAYS be on. you just removed your cats. the computer knows this, and is very upset. your going to have to put o2 simulators in to ''fool'' the computer into thinking the cats are still there.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:21 PM
that blows they never told me that -- i guess I didnt ask though either -- so I will fail emissions now -- why did my Honda Prelude not throw any codes -- i had a resinated test pipe on it and it was OBD2 and no codes so I never failed emissions -- this sucks -- any idea how much they run (O2 simulators) is there a better brand than another when it comes to them

Old 11-14-2007, 11:53 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The act of jury rigging ODB2 to pass emissions adds another felony count to emission tampering ............fradulent application for a test and fraud during test.

Be sure to keep all old oem cats pipes etc. for a retrofit as selling an emission modded car is a fraudlent sale [as is doesn't protect you when you tamper]. Even if you disclose everything at sale the buyer can change his mind in future and have the courts force you to return to oem.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:19 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Where are you located? I got hook ups to pass, we went to this asian place and my buddies car automatically failed when they saw the check engine light on, cause they knew. The guy then wrote $80 on his hand and smiled at us, we just smiled back and nodded our heads, he then passed us no problems. As long as you're not a little snitch or look like one, the'll pass you. You want your car to pass, they want the money, who cares about carb legal or not I have the Invidia Exhaust and i just bought my FI Exhaust this week, my 3rd exhaust system this year! (Not including stock) I cant wait lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FAST INTENSIONS Exhaust Break In