Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Refilling the A/C Freon on a G35 coupe???

Old 06-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Refilling the A/C Freon on a G35 coupe???

What’s going on guys, I have a 04 G35 coupe and my A/C does not blow cold air as it used to! I believe that she needs Freon since I never had any refilled, and usually if the A/C doesn’t blow cold air as it used to mostly likely it needs Freon. I don’t have any other problems the A/C its working fine when it’s set on 60 it blows cold air just not as it used to, and when I got it on 80 its blowing hot air just like it’s supposed to. So my question is has anybody ever added any Freon in their G, and how did you add it??? From what I understand is that I need to have the car running and the A/C on and blasted on HI, then connect the R134 w/ the hose to the LOW pressure A/C hose and let the Freon go. So has anybody else done this and how??? THANK YOU in advance for your answers guys!!!!

Old 06-06-2008, 10:45 PM
thats pretty much it, in a nutshell.......just put it in slowly since u wont have guages to tell when its full...an overcharge can cause bad ac performance also.......and dont use one of them Freon cans that say it can seal leaks....

Old 06-08-2008, 08:05 PM
my belt for the a/c compressor was almost done and i had the same symptoms.

Old 06-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Str8t G
What’s going on guys, I have a 04 G35 coupe and my A/C does not blow cold air as it used to! I believe that she needs Freon since I never had any refilled, and usually if the A/C doesn’t blow cold air as it used to mostly likely it needs Freon. I don’t have any other problems the A/C its working fine when it’s set on 60 it blows cold air just not as it used to, and when I got it on 80 its blowing hot air just like it’s supposed to. So my question is has anybody ever added any Freon in their G, and how did you add it??? From what I understand is that I need to have the car running and the A/C on and blasted on HI, then connect the R134 w/ the hose to the LOW pressure A/C hose and let the Freon go. So has anybody else done this and how??? THANK YOU in advance for your answers guys!!!!

There is specific refrigerant used on Nissan/Infiniti vehicles, and if its blowing cold it could be there is a leak, a sensor is not operation, a module is not operating, the belt could be an issue, the compressor clutch is not engaging the list goes on I would SERIOUSLY reccomend going to a dealer....try a Nissan dealer they are usually cheaper in labor because there NISSANS lol...Let me know what you find.

Taylor

Old 06-09-2008, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by ForceFedG35
There is specific refrigerant used on Nissan/Infiniti vehicles, and if its blowing cold it could be there is a leak, a sensor is not operation, a module is not operating, the belt could be an issue, the compressor clutch is not engaging the list goes on I would SERIOUSLY reccomend going to a dealer....try a Nissan dealer they are usually cheaper in labor because there NISSANS lol...Let me know what you find.

Taylor
Got it fixed i just added a little bit of freon and that what was that but im still going to go ahead and replace the belts and do a complete tune up on the G this week... Thank you guys so much for the tips...

Old 06-09-2008, 09:00 AM
This weekend I got my cabin filter and air filter change and it made a bit of difference in the air as well. Its easy to change I watched my husband do it

Old 06-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by mchamps
my belt for the a/c compressor was almost done and i had the same symptoms.
I believe that the belt is done as well, i was checking it out last night and it seems like its time to replace that too, so I'm going to get busy this week... Thanks buddy for the tip....

Old 06-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by suzuk1girl
Its easy to change I watched my husband do it
Well done. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Old 06-10-2008, 12:19 AM
- check the pressure frequently during the refill (do not 100% rely on the pressure meter when refilling),
- do not over-charge

Old 06-12-2008, 01:21 AM

Last edited by htle83; 06-12-2008 at 01:27 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:26 AM
Got it fixed i just added a little bit of freon and that what was that but im still going to go ahead and replace the belts and do a complete tune up on the G this week... Thank you guys so much for the tips...
Did you end up using a whole can of freon? Also, did you just get a r134 freon can from autozone or something?

Thanks.

Old 06-13-2008, 03:12 PM
i used like 3/4 of the small can cause i didn't have a pressure gage and it was instantly blowing cooler air so i didn't add anymore, and yeah i used r134 and you can get that from auto zone. Just make sure that your car is running and that the A/c is set on Hi (60F.) before you put it in...

Old 06-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
connect the R134 w/ the hose to the LOW pressure A/C hose and let the Freon go. So has anybody else done this and how??? THANK YOU in advance for your answers guys!!!!
Hmmm, sorry for the noob question, but where is the LOW pressure A/C hose? Anyone have a pic of where to connect the hose to?

Old 06-13-2008, 08:39 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's the larger of the two AC lines. You should see the cap for filling forward (towards the front bumper) of the driver-side strut. It's a silver aluminum pipe bent all kinds of crazy ways with a black cap sticking off of it.

Now that I think of it, that might be the HP line. Basically there are two silver lines/pipes. One is thinner (HP) than the other (LP). The LP also has rubber hose crimped to it. Sorry I can't give you a pic, they're at home.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by Meatshackle
It's the larger of the two AC lines. You should see the cap for filling forward (towards the front bumper) of the driver-side strut. It's a silver aluminum pipe bent all kinds of crazy ways with ahttps://g35driver.com/forums/images/editor/color.gif
https://g35driver.com/forums/images/editor/color.gif black cap sticking off of it.

Now that I think of it, that might be the HP line. Basically there are two silver lines/pipes. One is thinner (HP) than the other (LP). The LP also has rubber hose crimped to it. Sorry I can't give you a pic, they're at home.

No no no, DO NOT put it in the Hi Pressure hose, the (HP) it the thick one and the (LP) it the thinner one, the ac freon hose will only fit on the low pressure hose, the hose is on your driver side towards the front bumper, next to your intake tube. If you force it into the (HP) you will mess up your A/C compressor!! There are two caps one has the letter "H" on it which its indicates for Hi pressure and the other cap has the letter "L" on it which indicates Low pressure hose! ill post some pix for it today!

Attached Thumbnails Refilling the A/C Freon on a G35 coupe???-infinitig35.jpg  

Last edited by Str8t G; 06-16-2008 at 09:42 AM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Refilling the A/C Freon on a G35 coupe???