Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Pulstar Plugs melted to my coil packs

Old 08-02-2008, 04:52 AM
Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts
Pulstar Plugs melted to my coil packs

at first the pulstar plugs were great, but one after the other they failed . Why???

Old 08-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Aftermarket moders without engineering degrees are often confronted with similar problems.

Similar problems can occur with Bosch +4 [electrodes burn off and score cylinders] and any multi electrode plugs.
Hopefully these plugs have not damaged your coils or cylinders.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by butkiss1
at first the pulstar plugs were great, but one after the other they failed . Why???
Hi, I am the CEO of Enerpulse, the maker of Pulstar. I am very concerned with your experience and hope that at the very least we have refunded your money and taken care of your coil pack. I don't know what exactly happened with your car, but it sounds like a resistor in our plug might have become unstable. When this happens it takes more voltage to fire the plug taxing the coil. We control our resistors very tightly, but a batch could have slipped through our quality control. That is why I am posting in hopes that if you and others are having problems with our product we can do something about it and make it right by our customers.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by dparker
Hi, I am the CEO of Enerpulse, the maker of Pulstar. I am very concerned with your experience and hope that at the very least we have refunded your money and taken care of your coil pack. I don't know what exactly happened with your car, but it sounds like a resistor in our plug might have become unstable. When this happens it takes more voltage to fire the plug taxing the coil. We control our resistors very tightly, but a batch could have slipped through our quality control. That is why I am posting in hopes that if you and others are having problems with our product we can do something about it and make it right by our customers.
Wow this vendor listens to the client and is trying to right it. I wish you the best of luck on your car.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:33 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
hes not a vendor. hes got 2 posts. what type of CEO are you?

IDENTIFY YOURSELF.

whats your name?

why dont you talk to me about some plugs?

Old 08-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by express705
hes not a vendor. hes got 2 posts. what type of CEO are you?

IDENTIFY YOURSELF.

whats your name?

why dont you talk to me about some plugs?
Dan Parker, CEO of Enerpulse, Inc. in Albuquerque, NM. We are the manufacturer of Pulstar...made right here in the U.S. Not many of us left.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
check out the last few posts of this thread:
https://g35driver.com/forums/tuner-d...lugs-junk.html

There are many other and the guy acts like "we've never had anything like that happen before"...

I've never known any successful decent size company that has a CEO doing damage control on forums Seems like this must be a real small rinky dink company (or this guy isn’t a CEO).

CEO, hire a marketing team and have some entry level schlub do the forum scoring... you truly have more important things to do like fix the apparent problems these plugs are being reported to have.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
check out the last few posts of this thread:
https://g35driver.com/forums/tuner-d...lugs-junk.html

There are many other and the guy acts like "we've never had anything like that happen before"...

I've never known any successful decent size company that has a CEO doing damage control on forums Seems like this must be a real small rinky dink company (or this guy isn’t a CEO).

CEO, hire a marketing team and have some entry level schlub do the forum scoring... you truly have more important things to do like fix the apparent problems these plugs are being reported to have.
Thanks for your considered advice. We are a small company and any CEO of a small company is pretty busy. So, if I take my time to pay attention to customers who have problems with our product, you bet it is important to me. People have problems with spark plugs all the time, but big companies probably never even address a forum like this unless of course its by one of their entry level schlubs.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:14 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
dparker that is a pretty stand up thing that you did I respect it and would do business with you guys in the future just because I know that you customer service is bar none

Old 08-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by GreenGoblin
dparker that is a pretty stand up thing that you did I respect it and would do business with you guys in the future just because I know that you customer service is bar none
I appreciate that comment very much. When a CEO comes onto any forum, he automatically expects to get bashed...that's why few do it. I deeply care about the reputation of our product and that our customers have a great experience with it.

Thanks.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:19 PM
dparker,

greengoblin is my dad.

do you like me now?

Old 08-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Thanks for your considered advice. We are a small company and any CEO of a small company is pretty busy. So, if I take my time to pay attention to customers who have problems with our product, you bet it is important to me. People have problems with spark plugs all the time, but big companies probably never even address a forum like this unless of course its by one of their entry level schlubs.
^^^ no offense, but I haven’t read/heard of other plugs having the kinds of problems these plugs are being reported to have... And in the other thread you implied that instance was the only one known of.

I wouldn’t call you out if it weren’t for the way you responded there... if you truly aren’t aware of all the issues/problems your plugs have been reported to have - then it really is in your best interest to hire someone to start reading these forums and open your eyes to all the problems being reported with your plugs.

I haven’t seen anywhere near as many negative reports about all the major brands.

If you would have come in and stated that you are aware of the various issues being reported with your plugs and are diligently working on solutions, I would be much more understanding… but to act like these 2 of MANY are isolated “flukes” reeks of BS or implies you are out of touch with your own product.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
^^^ no offense, but I haven’t read/heard of other plugs having the kinds of problems these plugs are being reported to have... And in the other thread you implied that instance was the only one known of.

I wouldn’t call you out if it weren’t for the way you responded there... if you truly aren’t aware of all the issues/problems your plugs have been reported to have - then it really is in your best interest to hire someone to start reading these forums and open your eyes to all the problems being reported with your plugs.

I haven’t seen anywhere near as many negative reports about all the major brands.

If you would have come in and stated that you are aware of the various issues being reported with your plugs and are diligently working on solutions, I would be much more understanding… but to act like these 2 of MANY are isolated “flukes” reeks of BS or implies you are out of touch with your own product.
I am not sure which thread you are speaking of, but I have tried be candid with my comments. For the record we are concerned about some unstabile resistors that have cropped up recently, which could have an impact on coils. It is not a widespread problem, but one we are monitoring. If no one tells us about it, there is not much we can do. It would be hard to imply I am out of touch with my own product, wouldn't you say? Why else would I be here?

Old 08-29-2008, 05:02 PM
I am not sure which thread you are speaking of, but I have tried be candid with my comments. For the record we are concerned about some unstabile resistors that have cropped up recently, which could have an impact on coils. It is not a widespread problem, but one we are monitoring. If no one tells us about it, there is not much we can do. It would be hard to imply I am out of touch with my own product, wouldn't you say? Why else would I be here?
do you remember this post YESTERDAY from this thread https://g35driver.com/forums/tuner-d...lugs-junk.html (just click th link):

Hi, I am the CEO of Enerpulse, the maker of Pulstar. I came across your post with great concern. We have tens of thousands of pulse plugs in the market with no problems and suddenly you and your friend have had some problems. First of all if it is our fault I apologize and hope you have talked to our Customer Service department to make this right for you. We stand behind our product and want make sure you are taken care of.

Sorry for your inconvenience.
I will take the time to link the multitudes of links with negative comments and reports of problems from your plugs if you'd like... however, it would only negatively affect you and you product and prove that not only are you out of touch (since you said in you post above (yesterday) you had "tens of thousands of pulse plugs in the market with no problems" - but also that you are trying to cover up bs.

You aren’t making yourself look good here and you are encouraging me to highlight more negative... I have no interest in that - my only interest is to call attention to the fact that you apparently aren’t aware of how many problems really do exist - or you are bs-ing this particular community into believing there are no problems.

Run your company the way you want - but what you are doing now isn’t helping you.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:04 PM
OCG35 for CEO of pulstar.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pulstar Plugs melted to my coil packs