Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Carbon Fiber Z-Tube / JDM RHD Battery Cover Review, Pics, and Tips..!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 07:51 PM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Exclamation Carbon Fiber Z-Tube / JDM RHD Battery Cover Review, Pics, and Tips..!!!

this is the CF Z-tube from the z-store, http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/350z09b/11-2961

looks impressive and still smells of resin... i tried to get a shot of the inside there, it's rough and just has to be wiped off b/c of little plastic-resin pieces, no biggy.

here's the RHD Battery cover...

note: this is the UNmodified JDM cover, don't spend extra money on a modded one, all you do is cut a little piece off!!

very little modding was needed, only a pair of scissors and 10mm socket needed for this install.

so the Carbon fiber tube has a terrible fitment with the silicon connectors they give you..

one of them is useless,

so make sure to keep your stock rubber elbow connector, the one that goes onto the plenum. if you use the engine cover, it will be out of sight.
it's the only way to make it fit...

still not perfect on the airbox, but you can make it work

nice

on to the RHD Batt. Cover....

stick it on there and notice toward the center of the windshield where a little downward flap of plastic is touching a flap on the car that has a bolt screwed into nothing..

cut the flap off, or maybe just cut off about a 1/4 inch, and unscrew the bolt most of the way out, so that you can wedge the piece behind it, like so..

don't tighten the bolt down until you have fastened the 1 plastic fastener that actually does anything right here..

then tighten the screw down and you should have a good tight fit... now you can plug all the holes with the poointless fasteners...

now the engine looks sick

painted my engine cover

now i just need to clean it

Last edited by UR2EZ; 03-30-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 457 Likes on 237 Posts
now just get a polished plenum so you can get rid of the engine cover.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:32 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wheres ur air filter?

Old 08-19-2008, 08:51 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
looks chill

Old 08-19-2008, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by ninous26
Wheres ur air filter?
lol, it's there, i guess a bit recessed tho

Old 08-20-2008, 02:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
do you think its better to run the intake with the part missing off the front?

Old 08-20-2008, 02:41 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by GrayG35
do you think its better to run the intake with the part missing off the front?
What "part" are you talking about?

Old 08-20-2008, 03:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks good UR2EZ. Now you gotta get some red hyper ground wires

Old 08-20-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
What "part" are you talking about?

he's talking about the 'power duct', well here's my thing about that...

when i bought this car from my sister, her filter looked like it had never been changed, and there was a big black circle in the middle closer to the top... it was obvious that all the air was being directed into that one area.... so by pulling off the 'power-duct', seems to have evened out the area to which air enters the filter.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for stupid question, I am still waiting for my G to arrive. It looks like the place for the battery is symmetrical on both sides. Are the two batteries? Or the other compartment is used for the ECU?

Old 08-20-2008, 01:03 PM
yea it's symmetrical, that's why people buy the "right hand drive" battery cover, to make it look even... it houses the brake fluid, not the ECU.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:54 PM
Looks very clean and symmetrical. I would splurge for a CF Z tube but already have a ztube and need to save every nickel and dime i have for a house now.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:02 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by UR2EZ
he's talking about the 'power duct', well here's my thing about that...

when i bought this car from my sister, her filter looked like it had never been changed, and there was a big black circle in the middle closer to the top... it was obvious that all the air was being directed into that one area.... so by pulling off the 'power-duct', seems to have evened out the area to which air enters the filter.
You will want that power duct in there. It reduces the amount of hot air trapped in the engine bay from entering the intake. When the car is in motion, it really doesn't make much difference. But when you come to a stop, it should prevent some of that hot air sitting around the engine bay from coming into the intake.

Old 06-08-2015, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by UR2EZ
this is the CF Z-tube from the z-store, http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/350z09b/11-2961

looks impressive and still smells of resin... i tried to get a shot of the inside there, it's rough and just has to be wiped off b/c of little plastic-resin pieces, no biggy.

here's the RHD Battery cover...

note: this is the UNmodified JDM cover, don't spend extra money on a modded one, all you do is cut a little piece off!!

very little modding was needed, only a pair of scissors and 10mm socket needed for this install.

so the Carbon fiber tube has a terrible fitment with the silicon connectors they give you..

one of them is useless,

so make sure to keep your stock rubber elbow connector, the one that goes onto the plenum. if you use the engine cover, it will be out of sight.
it's the only way to make it fit...

still not perfect on the airbox, but you can make it work

nice

on to the RHD Batt. Cover....

stick it on there and notice toward the center of the windshield where a little downward flap of plastic is touching a flap on the car that has a bolt screwed into nothing..

cut the flap off, or maybe just cut off about a 1/4 inch, and unscrew the bolt most of the way out, so that you can wedge the piece behind it, like so..

don't tighten the bolt down until you have fastened the 1 plastic fastener that actually does anything right here..

then tighten the screw down and you should have a good tight fit... now you can plug all the holes with the poointless fasteners...

now the engine looks sick

painted my engine cover

now i just need to clean it
I'm so new to this so I have stupid questions lol
This would fit the 03 coupe right and would pair up will with the "STILLEN Hi-Flow intake" right?