Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Oh boy! no start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh boy! no start

Strangest thing happened yesterday...

I took the passenger side dash apart so I could replace the in-cabin filter and hooking back up the cigarette lighter (or is it the power outlet on the passenger side?) BTW, the reason why I disconnected the cig lighter was because I was going to use it as a power source for my iPod controller. I ended up using the headunit power.

Anyhow, when I put everything back together my G didn't start. I immediately was thinking because I have an aftermarket system and the fact that I was playing it while i was doing all of the work that it was the battery. So, I tried to jump it and nothing worked. Then I took it down to Auto Zone and had it tested and it was fine.

I then put the batt back in and it still didn't start but then I noticed there was an error message on the nav stating that the SRS needed to be serviced. Odd I thought but i looked at a couple of different posts here and saw that I needed to reset the code or something to that effect. I did a couple of key turns in the ignition and the warning light went away. Good! I thought but it still didn't start.

Not sure what the issue could be....I only hope it isn't the starter. It was starting fine and the car is an 03 coupe with 55K miles. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SPED (Special Ed)

Ok...honestly this has to be the stupidest thing I have ever done. I finally got it started and this is what was wrong...

I dove into fixing whatever it was erasing everything I had done that might have caused this great tragedy. I tried to start it after that and nothing still...well it's on to the stealership I go. But I wanted to hook my cigarette lighter back up for charging reasons so I hooked it up and in the process I hear a 'pop'. I'm thinking wires touched somewhere and fuse is busted. I went underneath and checked all of the fuses and nothing was blown. I then looked up to see the JL 500/1 4g power wire resting in the pathway of the clutch pedal and the 'engage button' to start the car (i guess that's what that is) and wondered if that could be the issue. Something totally mechanical?? I moved it out of the way and that f'r started right up. Geezus....of all the gheyest things.

Although when I start it up the car takes about 1 second to completely fire up. The engine sort of lags with its complete start up. The only way I can explain it is by sound....ok bare with me here...I turn the key, it turns over and starts then it revs, revs, and then REVs up. I have no clue what this could be and the only thing I thought was the fact that it was sitting in the driveway with a steep incline for about 24hrs. The only vehicles affected by this would be ones with carbs not fuel inj. Another curve ball?? Not sure.