Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

plenum??!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 08:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
plenum??!!

I am new what is a plenum what kind of increase do i get

Old 07-04-2004, 09:37 AM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: plenum??!!

Your pleneum is located on top of the engine and the oem engine cover does not allow you to see it. It channel's the incoming air once past the throttle body and into the lower intake manifold system. The reason you have two aftermarket intake pleneums is because the oem intake pleneum is slanted downwards towards the front of the car. The two front cylinders do not get as much airflow as the others. Both aftermarket pleneums restore this lost flow and increase engine power as a result.

The Crawford and Kinetix pleneums both add around 9 peak horse power, and will prevent as much of a horsepower fall off from the usual peak to redline.

I have the Crawford and this is how I have alway's talked about my feelings about the mod. From the the moment I torqued the last bolt to the first time I rowed the gear box kissing the rev limiter in each gear along the way, I knew that every penny I'd just spend was totally worth it. I got exactly what Crawford promised, more power at the usual HP peak and a much harder charge from their to redline. No other mod to date (except my custom TD exhaust) has brought the horsepower gain to money spend ratio front and center as the Crawford pleneun has, period.

Here's a pic of my engine bay the pleneum is the silver part on top of the engine just above the 3.5 on the engine cover.

"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

G35 6mt

Old 07-04-2004, 03:44 PM
Rod

They also come in colors...Rod

03 5AT-Premium-Aero-Tire & Wheel Pkg-Splash-Z tube-K&N Filter-32% Tint-10 wire Grounding Gear-Crawford Plenum Ver 5

292000-G35 Testarosa.jpg

Old 07-04-2004, 07:30 PM

how much do they cost

Old 07-04-2004, 07:41 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If I might add -- log into http://www.crawfordzcar.com for their info.

I also have their plenum and am very happy with it. Best bang for the $ IMHO.

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 07-04-2004, 08:39 PM
Rod

All in for me was $437 colors cost $20 extra so if you like no color subtract $20. That includes shipping both ways. If you don't send your plenum back its another $200. Go to crawfordzcars.com....Rod

03 5AT-Premium-Aero-Tire & Wheel Pkg-Splash-Z tube-K&N Filter-32% Tint-10 wire Grounding Gear-Crawford Plenum Ver 5

Old 07-04-2004, 09:54 PM

Wait wha... You need to send in the original plenum to get the new one.. if you don't do so, it'll cost $617?

'04 Ivory Pearl G35 coupe 6MT Fully Loaded /w Navigation
Brooklyn, NY

Trending Topics

Old 07-05-2004, 08:01 AM

When you get the new "modified" plenum in the mail simply, remove your stock plenum and re-install the new "modified" plenum. Instead of taking your stock plenum and putting it on the shelf, put it in the box that the "modified" plenum came in, place the postage label on the box and drop the box off at the nearest UPS store (or call UPS and schedule a pickup).

If you do that the plenum will cost you $417 or $437 (depending on whether or not you want added color.

If you want to keep your stock plenum, Doug at Crawford needs to go buy another OEM plenum to modify. Apparently his cost is about $200 so if you're going to keep your stock plenum, he will charge you for not sending yours back to him.

If this concerns you, maybe you should look into the plastic plenum (the one with over torquing/cracking issues) or maybe just not modify your car at all.

<font color=blue>The above statements are only my take on the issue. If you disagree with anything I typed then you are 100% right!</font color=blue>

Old 07-05-2004, 10:40 AM

i have a the black powdered coated crawford plenum.

i will trade it, straight up, for the silver (clearcoated) version instead, if you want....

i ordered silver, but the notes got scxrewed up (jumped ahead in line for it, and messed things up for Doug i guess)

let me know

((black below))

292318-crawfordv5bl.jpg

Old 07-05-2004, 02:08 PM

This is the standard clearcoated version with my cut engine cover. IMO, it's the best bang for the buck out there.

Lou

292411-Plenum 04.jpg

Old 07-05-2004, 04:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im suprised that no one mentioned this seeing as the crakcing/torqueing issues were adressed with the kinex. The crawfords can come with issues with warping from crawford. And they wont seal right. IF that happens crawford will take it back and send another, but im just saying the negatives of both plenums. I will be getting a crawford personally bcause i dont like the idea of the plastic plenum. O and u dont have to send ur plenum back if u get a kinex. SUpposedly, the kinex cracking issues have been solved with the new plenum, but who knows until someone experiences a crack or something. I would personally go crawford (its a moddified oem plenum) and so for everyone that he sells, he must get one back to modify).

2004 Black on Black g coupe 6spd.... aluminum pedals, clear corners, z tube, and pop charger. soon to have 19" volk gt-c's and PIAA xtreme whites in the clearance and corners
Houston Texas

Old 07-05-2004, 08:15 PM

what does in cost will thins help the cai and exhaust along

Old 07-05-2004, 08:32 PM

no way to keep the engine cover on?

Mitch
2004 G35C AT
Blk/Blk
Prem.Aero.Perf.Nav
Nav/TV Tuner w/ PS 2
2-10" Subs w/ Rockford Amp
Clear Corners
Pop Charger
Z-Tube

Old 07-05-2004, 10:41 PM
'04.5 Black 6MT Coupe
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone had problems with the Crawford, and if I may play Devil's advocate, are there any reasons why I should not purchase this? Will I have problems with my intake sensors? Thanks

Old 07-05-2004, 10:49 PM

Nope -

I've had a Crawford for over a year. No problems, just power. Get one, you wont regret it.

Lou

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: plenum??!!