Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Engine Hesitating in low gears - please help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine Hesitating in low gears - please help!

I have an odd hesitation in my 6MT. When I start out, the engine almost feels like it threw a cylinder, but not as bad - it's like a hesitation. Same thing in 2nd gear, and worse in 3rd, but it seems to go away at highway speed. I've looked all over the forum, and it doesn't seem exactly like what other people have had issues with. I don't think my clutch is slipping, because the engine rpm's aren't shooting up. I do have 110,000 miles though, and never changed the clutch (it's all highway miles). It almost feels like my rear tires are slipping, but I now they're not since I'm on dry pavement and I can hear them in good contact.

I did have all of my plugs changed a month ago, as well as a coil replaced (oil leaked into it) and both left/right engine gaskets. I also changed out all of the fluids - but that was a month ago now, and I've had no problems. I also haven't had a light come on, which I would expect if I lost a cylinder or the engine was knocking.