G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction (https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-forced-induction-19/)
-   -   Opinions on mod ideas (https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-forced-induction/325-opinions-mod-ideas.html)

sjmahalec 10-26-2002 06:21 PM

Opinions on mod ideas

Okay, so I love this car and basically want to let Black Betty know this. (WHy Black Betty... ever hear the song by Ram Jam. Good tune.)

Lighting:
-install low glow neon lights under dash in footlweel of driver and passenger to light up the footwells w/ a blue light
-remove reading light console that is there now (will replace w/ drop down monitor)
-mount reading lights on sides for driver and passenger

Audio:
-mount Neo Jukebox in trunk
-remove ashtray
-place controler for Neo Jukebox where ashtray was
-put in components to allow me to play mp3s from jukebox through system (need to order from Soundforge or similar product)

Video:
-replace stock reading lights module (along w/ that hoirrible sunglass holder) with drop down monitor
-place DVD/Nav system where Infiniti places there's
-install controller where infiniti places stock monitor
-head rest mounted monitors
-one camera on left side-view mirror
-one in grill up front
-have video from camera be displayed real time on tv monitors... possibly, install a digital recording device in trunk or in arm rest to save video
-reason for cameras is that my friend set somethign like this up in his M3 and when he flys or races other cars for fun on the street, he outputs the video to the monitors and its fun as hell to watch!
-I want to record this just for fun (hehe)

I'm not going to modify the engine or suspension until the warranty runs out, but I am going to lower the car an inch, rechip it, maybe nitrous if I see the car is handling it will from other user's expereinces, and some other mods here and there... oh , but of course, I'll put in a dual exhaust as well :-)

Some people say Infiniti's are for old people. I'm not going argue. I just step on my gas pedal.

Jayhawk620 10-29-2002 06:14 PM

Re: Opinions on mod ideas

right now it looks like i will be getting a 6M black (maybe dg)/black coupe in spring 2k4 ( i know, i hate the wait too), i will get it as loaded as i can find for the $$ my parents will spend (gotta love em). i am savin now for modding it (present ride aint worth the $ or effort)

Here goes:
Paint calipers (dunno on color)
Paint headlight housing (looks like it has light tint)
Custom V1 or Passport SRX hardcore radar setup
Compustar 2WFM alarm
Custom Cell phone kit so i can shift and talk
Probably bout 20% tint all around
Make Nav. play DVD's
Do something with that plastic holder thingy near passenger's left leg??
Keep the stock 18's (i luv em)
Any $ left will go into audio setup

maybe some minor performance mods later

-peace

I need a 2k3 Coupe

sjmahalec 10-29-2002 11:40 PM

That little thingy neart the passenger's lef tleg... I'm going to make that into another cigerate lighter so the passenger can plug int their cell-phone adapter there.

Some people say Infiniti's are for old people. I'm not going argue. I just step on my gas pedal.

Jayhawk620 10-31-2002 11:41 PM

guess me and u are the only people on this board that want to mod their car...

i wonder if i could somehow use that passenger thingy to hold a remote display for Valentine V1

I drive a Legend....I am a Legend....I want a coupe...

Jayhawk620 11-03-2002 01:41 AM

what do u guys think about some 4 point seatbelts? (friend has some cool nissan red ones on a 94 Z). also what about riggin a start button? (i bet chicks would dig that)

I drive a Legend....I am a Legend....I want a coupe...

sjmahalec 11-03-2002 11:25 PM

Start button... that would be nice. Where would you put it. AS for putting your valentine display there, I don't know if that would work that well. WHy not put in somewhere easier to see. Depending on what you have or want to put in the center consoel where the NAV display is... you could put it there and hide it by flipping down the panel.

Also, since I'm ripping out the that light unit, I am going to need to place the sun roof control button somewhere else. i'm thinking of possibly moving the button onto the center console but not sure if I can... worse comes to worse, I place it on the roof at an angle.