Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Opinions on mod ideas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2002, 06:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinions on mod ideas

Okay, so I love this car and basically want to let Black Betty know this. (WHy Black Betty... ever hear the song by Ram Jam. Good tune.)

Lighting:
-install low glow neon lights under dash in footlweel of driver and passenger to light up the footwells w/ a blue light
-remove reading light console that is there now (will replace w/ drop down monitor)
-mount reading lights on sides for driver and passenger

Audio:
-mount Neo Jukebox in trunk
-remove ashtray
-place controler for Neo Jukebox where ashtray was
-put in components to allow me to play mp3s from jukebox through system (need to order from Soundforge or similar product)

Video:
-replace stock reading lights module (along w/ that hoirrible sunglass holder) with drop down monitor
-place DVD/Nav system where Infiniti places there's
-install controller where infiniti places stock monitor
-head rest mounted monitors
-one camera on left side-view mirror
-one in grill up front
-have video from camera be displayed real time on tv monitors... possibly, install a digital recording device in trunk or in arm rest to save video
-reason for cameras is that my friend set somethign like this up in his M3 and when he flys or races other cars for fun on the street, he outputs the video to the monitors and its fun as hell to watch!
-I want to record this just for fun (hehe)

I'm not going to modify the engine or suspension until the warranty runs out, but I am going to lower the car an inch, rechip it, maybe nitrous if I see the car is handling it will from other user's expereinces, and some other mods here and there... oh , but of course, I'll put in a dual exhaust as well :-)

Some people say Infiniti's are for old people. I'm not going argue. I just step on my gas pedal.

Old 10-29-2002, 11:40 PM
Re: Opinions on mod ideas

That little thingy neart the passenger's lef tleg... I'm going to make that into another cigerate lighter so the passenger can plug int their cell-phone adapter there.

Some people say Infiniti's are for old people. I'm not going argue. I just step on my gas pedal.

Old 11-03-2002, 11:25 PM
Re: Opinions on mod ideas

Start button... that would be nice. Where would you put it. AS for putting your valentine display there, I don't know if that would work that well. WHy not put in somewhere easier to see. Depending on what you have or want to put in the center consoel where the NAV display is... you could put it there and hide it by flipping down the panel.

Also, since I'm ripping out the that light unit, I am going to need to place the sun roof control button somewhere else. i'm thinking of possibly moving the button onto the center console but not sure if I can... worse comes to worse, I place it on the roof at an angle.