Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Nav Accept Byapass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 08:44 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Nav Accept Byapass

Today I finally got around to bypassing the NAV startup. I used a KPtechnologies VDC module to begin with, but then ended up rewriting most of the software once i got it all working.

It is possible, but I would not recomend anyone in thier right mind try this. You have to remove the whole radio/nav housing, remove the radio and nav unit from the housing, then remove the control panel for the NAV. Next, you had to take apart the control unit and solder a wire directly to the control board. Put it all back together and run the new wire under the steering column to hook up two other wires. It has been a long time since I have taken something apart that I was actually nervous about getting back together. Today when I had it all apart I really had doubts, but its all back together now, and it works. I may make a video later, but all you will see is the car turn on, the Accept screen will flash briefly, and then the OK button is automatically pushed. Oh, and the NAV HAS to be up for this to work.

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net
AIM: KPiersonTec
04 DG Coupe / VDC Memory
OEM Remote Window up mod
Procharged / Crawford / TS