Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

NEED OPINION - HP INCREASE W/O TURBO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 01:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEED OPINION - HP INCREASE W/O TURBO

SOMEONE TOLD ME IF I INSTALL AN AFTERMARKET INTAKE MANIFOLD, AN INTERCOOLER & A TURBO CHIP THAT THOSE ITEMS WOULD INCREASE MY HP. IS THAT TRUE? I DO NOT HAVE TURBO G35 BECAUSE I AM AFRAID OF THE MOTOR BLOWING UP BASED ON WHAT I HAVE READ ON THIS WEBSITE AND OTHER WEBSITES.

Old 10-09-2004, 09:58 PM
WRAH
Re: NEED OPINION - HP INCREASE W/O TURBO

Yeah they will, but nothing to the effect of a SC or Turbo!

Old 10-09-2004, 10:44 PM
Devil's Advocate

What's a turbo chip? And why are you yelling?

I think that someone was developing an intake manifold, but I havn't heard any more about it.

An intercooler without some sort of forced induction will be kind of a waste. It would probably develop some power, but not much.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

-- Abraham Lincoln

Old 10-10-2004, 12:48 AM

I have no idea what a turbo chip is... Aside from that, you could have your ECU reflashed, which can help your engine produce more HP.

An aftermarket plenum will improve air flow compared to the stock piece. Again, this may help your engine produce more HP.

Air is warmed above ambient temperature when pressurized by a turbo. An intercooler can be piped-in between the turbo and the intake to pull as much heat as possible out of that pressurized air before it arrives at the plenum. A good intercooler can restore charge air to near-ambient temperature.

If the engine is naturally aspirated, then the intake air is not pressurized nor subsequently heated. The unpressurized air is already at ambient temperature, so it will not be cooled by an intercooler.

It is likely an intercooler installed on a naturally aspirated engine would just restrict air flow, without any compensating benefit. Not a good idea...

Does this help?

'03 G35s 5AT, Garnet Fire/Willow
Staggered 18" SSR GT1/Bridgestone PP S03
Eibach Springs/Sways, Stillen 2-pc BBK
Stillen Intake & SS Cat-Back Dual Exhaust

Old 10-10-2004, 07:33 AM

I, for one, want a Super Charger Chip. I hear they're much safer than Turbo Chips...

Old 10-10-2004, 07:58 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

Skeeter,
Unless they meant for you to have a turbo installed by a guy named Chip, there are no "chips" for our cars.

http://www.floridag35.com

Old 10-10-2004, 11:07 AM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IVE NEVER HEARD OF A TURBO CHIP YOU NEED TO CLARIFY AND SPEAK NORMALLY THANK YOU!

Thanks - Joey Avino

Old 10-10-2004, 02:23 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LKOLOLOL plat

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
0-60 5.4 - 1/4 Mile 14.16 *GTech* and on 19's!!

Old 10-10-2004, 06:58 PM
G SQUAD

LMAO... [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]...

I want one of them "Super Duper Chip" too!! [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

...so, why the yelling..?? [img]/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

6MT DG Coupe | Prem | NAV | Aero | XM | Z-tube | Clears | Aluminum Pedals | UT Y-Pipe | 40%Huper | Graphite RH J5 Pro 19"

Old 10-11-2004, 12:05 PM

I will never ask a question on this website ever again. I thought this website was to obtain information and ask questions and not to get smart responses from Malx, PlatG and Roneski. If you read my post it started with "Someone told me this" and since this is forum for G35 I thought I would pose the questions to the members in this forum. If you do not have anything constructive to say do not respond to the posts. I think we all use this website to improve our vehicles and to find out information not read responses from $%^holes like Malx,PlatG and Roneski.

Old 10-11-2004, 12:32 PM

You forgot to add me to your a-hole list. Can I please be added?

The nerve of some people. This guy comes on here, starts yelling at people, gets a nice, polite and direct answer to his question, and doesn't even say "thank you". What a ----- (can't say it because we're not allowed to call others names, forum rules).

Also, if you've been on this website for any period of time (or if you could read) you would know that no one was attacking you or putting you down, we were all just playing around. People actually told you (more than once) that we've never heard of a "turbo chip" so what's your beef?

Some people ask "sub par" questions and get upset when they don't get really indepth type responses. I'm sure if you would have done a SEARCH on "turbo chips" you would have answered your own question w/o having to even ask it.

My advice is stick around awhile, lighten up a lot, and try again. Otherwise good riddens...

Old 10-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

Skeeter,
I'm guessing your new to forums in general. Posting in all caps is considered to be shouting and thought of as rude. People will respond to let you know this, some more politely than others.

If you read back through all the posts, the three people you mentioned DID answer your question.

BTW, calling people $%^holes will get you banned, read THE 8 rules.

http://www.floridag35.com

Old 10-11-2004, 05:54 PM
DED

To recap:

No one has replaced an intake manifold that we know of.
Intercooler won't help without a turbo or SC.
No turbo chips for G35.

I have a feeling your friend wasn't talking about a G35.

Are we all nice and happy now?

2004 G35C 6MT Black. Killer.

Old 10-11-2004, 07:02 PM
Devil's Advocate

Based on my response you think that I'm an a-hole? You must live an extremely sheltered life.

There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

-- Abraham Lincoln

Old 10-11-2004, 08:24 PM

Thanks Ded for the response. All I was saying some individuals use this site as useful information and I do not have the time to read through the bs and do want to read jokes from roneski or anyone else who thinks they know everything. If they want to tell jokes go on the comedy central or the comedy station on xm. I did find on a website that SSR Engineering sells an intake manifold for the G35
coupe and I know there are such items as turbo chips ( Greddy makes them for other japanese vehicles).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NEED OPINION - HP INCREASE W/O TURBO