Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Gauges suggestions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 03:41 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Gauges suggestions

i'm just trying to get the idea of how much gauges cost, and what are decent.
All i need is A/F ratio (no wideband since expensive), or exhaust temp, oil temp., and coolant temp. since i autoX on N/A car. No recording or playback function needed. Just simple very instant update.
Which guages are sold for decent price that a student can afford? Which means no Defi lol. i'm looking at this UltraGauge but i'm afraid it doesn't update gauges very instantly. http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/index.htm Couple 350z guys have it but not so much review on them.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by whoisthis
i'm just trying to get the idea of how much gauges cost, and what are decent.
All i need is A/F ratio (no wideband since expensive), or exhaust temp, oil temp., and coolant temp. since i autoX on N/A car. No recording or playback function needed. Just simple very instant update.
Which guages are sold for decent price that a student can afford? Which means no Defi lol. i'm looking at this UltraGauge but i'm afraid it doesn't update gauges very instantly. http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/index.htm Couple 350z guys have it but not so much review on them.
A couple things. First I have Glowshift gauges, fast update, they do have peak and warning functions. They have the look of defi (MIN is straight down then goes around to have MAX at the right.)

www.glowshiftdirect.com

Also, you can't do a narrow band gauge unless you have test pipes. They use the factory sensor and don't come with one (reason they are cheap) But our factory upstreams (before cats) are wideband. Glowshift has some "cheaper" wideband gauges, but I don't know if I would trust that, for my wideband I have autometer.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:44 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If i were to get the individual oil temp gauge, does it come with everything i need to get it to work? like do you need the sandwitch plate under the oil filter?

Old 02-01-2011, 05:21 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i dont think any oil temp gauges come witth a sandwich plate they all usually come with a sensor and an assortment of npt adapters you would have to find a place to mount it. just curious why would you bother puttin in a A/F gauge if its not gonna be a wideband? it will only tell you the ratio at idle wich is kinda useless. and the dash has a coolant gauge. right next to the oil filter there is the factory oil press sender you can take it out and put in a t-fitting and put in your own oil temp n oil press gauges