Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

no dispstick

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 10:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no dispstick

I had a hole in my tranny line and repaired it, put tranny fluid in (almost $10 a quart) to find out that I have no dipstick. I live 50 miles from the closest dealer. They say I have to bring It there to check it. Is there any way to get one of there dipsticks

Old 12-18-2004, 02:49 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 428hpsnake
I had a hole in my tranny line and repaired it, put tranny fluid in (almost $10 a quart) to find out that I have no dipstick. I live 50 miles from the closest dealer. They say I have to bring It there to check it. Is there any way to get one of there dipsticks
The G's imported to the U.S. are delivered without transmission d/sticks. Nissan wants you to visit the dealer for servicing.

If the transmission seems to be shifting properly, It's prolly ok to drive there and have it checked. Make sure they ok the trip.

Talk to the dealer about aquiring a stick for your G. He should be able to hook you up.

Old 12-21-2004, 10:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

About three months ago I tried to order a dipstick . They told me they could not get one, said they had a test one there. I tried to get a test one said they couldn't order me one. I called the dealer today and let them know that I knew that other cars had dipsticks. After that they some how found one in the books. $11 was my cost. thanks g35sedanman