Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

B2S2 O2 Sensor faulty Code P057

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B2S2 O2 Sensor faulty Code P057

Hi guys,

last year June, the SES light came on and I went to get the O2 Sensor replaced, B2S2 (driver's side with the green case). No problems until a few days ago, when the SES light went on again. Went to see my mechanic, and same issue, same sensor. Low voltage, bad communication between car and sensor.
We looked at the sensor, and noticed that the housing/case broke off a little, which could have caused by me hitting a bump, or something else. Mechanic tried to plug it in again and told me to give it a few weeks and see if everything is ok. He told me that the sensor is ok, and if the SES light pops up again, to try to find an old harness and replace it with it, since the sensor is good (according to him) and that it's just a bad/damaged connection. Where can I find a harness? Not sure if I am clear enough, but I am not too sure how everything works either.