Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Help me please I have 2 weeks left to fix my car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me please I have 2 weeks left to fix my car

06 g35 coupe 6mt
Problem:
Don't start
Don't crank
Dashboard lights don't come on
Steering wheel is locked

Battery is fine which means the alternator is fine. Car did start back up this morning when I took all the fuses out and put them back in. I just order an new ignition switch paid $381 hopefully that's the problem any help please ? Begging!!

Old 12-01-2015, 05:49 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Did you try to start it with the alarm going? It sounds like your car is in disable mode (anti theft) and I believe you have to take it to the dealer to get reprogrammed if so.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
Did you try to start it with the alarm going? It sounds like your car is in disable mode (anti theft) and I believe you have to take it to the dealer to get reprogrammed if so.
No I didn't start it with the alarm, my car did start out of nowhere when I removed the fuses then put them back but after that nothing. The battery terminals are good, battery is good, I don't think it's the alternation like I need help figuring this out I want to see my family before I go away

Old 12-01-2015, 08:27 PM
Ah, so you had a fuse issue. See, we need to know this stuff. Have you checked all fuses related to ignition for continuity?

Old 12-01-2015, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
Ah, so you had a fuse issue. See, we need to know this stuff. Have you checked all fuses related to ignition for continuity?
I was just checking all the fuses and not one is blown but I did indeed disconnected my battery again and I connected it again and nothing, but as soon as I disconnected my wire that connects to my amp to battery the car electric turned back on and car started. So I let it run a bit then connected the amo wire to the battery again. The part of the amplifier wire that connects to the battery kind of looks greenish don't know if that mean anything but do you think anything else is causing that ? I just hope my car starts tomorrow

Old 12-01-2015, 10:41 PM
Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts
Sounds like corrosion in the cables. Check all the ground wires that bolt from the battery and harness to the engine and the body. And for sure, eliminate that amp. You may actually have a short in there.

More problems than this have been fixed by simply giving the battery a clean path to ground. Use some sandpaper and make sure the body ground points are bare metal where the 10mm lug mounts to it.

Old 12-01-2015, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by EPiK
Sounds like corrosion in the cables. Check all the ground wires that bolt from the battery and harness to the engine and the body. And for sure, eliminate that amp. You may actually have a short in there.

More problems than this have been fixed by simply giving the battery a clean path to ground. Use some sandpaper and make sure the body ground points are bare metal where the 10mm lug mounts to it.
+1

Make sure all your grounds are clean. If its starting now, it should start tomorrow. Just for future reference tho, you can't trust fuses that simply 'look' good. That's why you gotta check em with a multimeter. They can crack so slightly that it's unnoticeable to the eye. I think epik is right tho, and you need to clean all your grounds and leads. You should be good after that.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:29 AM
Thanks guys

Thank you all

Old 12-02-2015, 09:17 AM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
Sooo..what's wrong with your cat?

Old 12-02-2015, 09:53 AM
Venomgt9

Originally Posted by VenomGT9
Sooo..what's wrong with your cat?
Ok, my car does not want to turn on for example: no lights, don't start, don't want to crank, can even unlock or lock the car with the keys have to do it manually, the light in the key slot is off, basically everything is off nothing wants to turn on. But I did remove some fuses then put them back and I also took the cables of the batteries terminals plus the wire that's connected on the positive one (which is the one that is connected to my amplifier) and just connected the negative and positive one back first then my lights came on. Then I started the car and it came on without any problems. So I disconnected the negative terminal to put back the red gauge wire back on the positive one, then connected my negative one and car started again, but this morning car didn't want to start but 3 hours later it started so any problems?

Old 12-02-2015, 11:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonjon93
Ok, my car does not want to turn on for example: no lights, don't start, don't want to crank, can even unlock or lock the car with the keys have to do it manually, the light in the key slot is off, basically everything is off nothing wants to turn on. But I did remove some fuses then put them back and I also took the cables of the batteries terminals plus the wire that's connected on the positive one (which is the one that is connected to my amplifier) and just connected the negative and positive one back first then my lights came on. Then I started the car and it came on without any problems. So I disconnected the negative terminal to put back the red gauge wire back on the positive one, then connected my negative one and car started again, but this morning car didn't want to start but 3 hours later it started so any problems?
Did you car work correctly before you had the amplifier hooked up? If so how long did it take for your car to start acting up after you hooked up the amp? A year, a week, a couple hours?

Old 12-02-2015, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by NJ6MT
Did you car work correctly before you had the amplifier hooked up? If so how long did it take for your car to start acting up after you hooked up the amp? A year, a week, a couple hours?
About a month and so

Old 12-03-2015, 08:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
About a month and so
Did the car work fine before you installed the amp?

this morning car didn't want to start but 3 hours later it started so any problems?
This confuses me a little. So you tried to start the car in the morning and it would not start. Then all you did was wait three hours and then it started. There has to be something missing here. Did you change anything around in those three hours?

Old 12-03-2015, 11:50 AM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
The following users liked this post:
VenomGT9 (12-03-2015)
Old 12-03-2015, 01:49 PM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by Deepdiver
Finally! OP didn't catch the sarcasm

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help me please I have 2 weeks left to fix my car