Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Over Heating Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Over Heating Issue

Hello Everyone , I need help I bought my son a G35 sedan 04. We have over heating Problem and we changed the Radiator that was leaking also changes thermostat and water pump at the same time and still having it over heating...Ready to jump off the cliff!! any suggestion!!!!

Old 01-02-2017, 07:47 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Moved to the appropriate sub-forum. Read around through the Engine/Drivetrain section and you'll find that our cooling systems are notoriously hard to bleed all of the air out. One way to check to see if you still have air in the system will be that out of the upper and lower radiator hoses one will be very hot after the motor's warmed up and one won't. Also if you blast the heat at this point and the air's not very hot that's another sign.

So please, don't jump off that cliff just yet. Try these suggestions to see if it fixes your issues.

--Jack the car up in the front
--Remove the radiator cap and start the car
--Blast the heater on full
--When the thermostat kicks on the radiator should start bubbling, that's air escaping the system
--If the upper and lower hoses aren't super hot, squeeze them repeatedly until you can't
--Once the bubbling stops replace the cap
--Use the bleeder screw at the back passenger side of the motor (big plastic screw in a small hose to
the right of the battery compartment) to let more air escape by opening it slowly until no more air
seems to be coming out. Tighten the screw
--Turn the car off and let cool down.
--Check coolant levels in overflow tank and radiator, fill as needed

Hopefully this solves your issue, quick question though. Are both of the fans working correctly? If not that could be a factor in the overheating. GL and if you have any other issues pop up please search the forum before posting. If you can't find your answer/s ask away.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.