Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

ECM Failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 01:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ECM Failure

So about 2 months ago my ECM failed due to water damage. Got a new one and was good to go. About 3 weeks after the ECM died again. My mechanic (who works on it on his free time but at a great price) tried to see why it went bad again. He checked the entire wiring harness for shorts and found nothing. Bought a new ECM (Not charging me for any of this as he feels bad my car is still having problems), started the car, and the engine coils got fried. At this point hes very busy with his normal job and is scratching his head as to what the problem is. He said that he may try to buy an after market ECM and see if that will help. I was wondering if anyone has had an experience similar or can give some advice/ideas/solutions to the problem? Thank you

First post on this website fyi, decided to make an account after looking on the site for anyone who had an experience similar to mine.

(Reposted this bc i realized i didnt post it in the right thread)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.