Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Can the Rev up Block warp

Old 04-20-2017, 11:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can the Rev up Block warp

My car is blowing the radiator fluid out from the reservoir. I already had the head gasket replaced and the heads resurfaced. what else could the issue be. Can the block warp?

Old 04-22-2017, 07:09 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
The motor's aluminum and yes, it can warp if it gets too hot.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ever figure out a solution to your issue? I'm in the process of replacing the head gaskets on mine now, but I fear the same thing. Mine was doing exactly as yours before tear down. I will check my block after the heads are pulled. Anyone know if these blocks are particularly susceptible to warpage?

Old 06-14-2017, 08:17 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
When coolant blows out from the top of the radiator at the cap. That's the first sign of a bad cap. Always start simple and progress to more difficult when troubleshooting. Like when someone has a vacuum leak they don't automatically think they blew a hole in the intake manifold, they look at the air intake, mad, etc. I'm basically don't be so negative so fast.

So first check the radiator cap.

You didn't say if the car ever over heated or at least recently? Do you know if the stock gauge is working at all? Also there are possibilities of a few things in one causing coolant to spew out of the cap. Let's say car ran hotter than normal on the highway, air pocket caught somewhere and a over filled radiator/reservoir.

Let us know. Anything metal can warp, regardless of material, etc, including block, heads, and so on.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.