Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Cooling fan troubles

Old 09-18-2017, 04:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cooling fan troubles

2008 g35x radiator fans work on high speed when ac is on won't run without ac on. Have voltage of 5.6 without ac on constantly to both fans with starting temp of 170f all the way to 210f. High speed voltage when ac is on at 13.9. Anyone have knowledge on the subject. I figured I would see a voltage increase as coolant temp increased.
No check engine light with codes so I sorta ruled out any sensor issues. Pwm relay snaps closed when energized and has continuity but don't know how to test more thoroughly.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by Bubbamachine
2008 g35x radiator fans work on high speed when ac is on won't run without ac on. Have voltage of 5.6 without ac on constantly to both fans with starting temp of 170f all the way to 210f. High speed voltage when ac is on at 13.9. Anyone have knowledge on the subject. I figured I would see a voltage increase as coolant temp increased.
No check engine light with codes so I sorta ruled out any sensor issues. Pwm relay snaps closed when energized and has continuity but don't know how to test more thoroughly.
Check out the FSM

http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manu.../Sedan/2008/EC

SYSTEM DESCRIPTION
ECM controls cooling fan speed corresponding to vehicle speed, engine coolant temperature, air conditioner
ON signal, refrigerant pressure, target A/C evaporator temperature and A/C evaporator temperature.
Cooling fan control signal is sent to IPDM E/R from
ECM by CAN communication line. Then, IPDM E/R sends
ON/OFF pulse duty signal to cooling fan control module. Corresponding to this ON/OFF pulse duty signal,
cooling fan control module gives cooling fan motor operating voltage to cooling fan motors. Cooling fan speed
is controlled by duty cycle of cooling fan motor operating voltage sent from cooling fan control module.

See page EC-66

Telcoman

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.