Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

G35 wont accelerate & RPMs shoot up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 01:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry G35 wont accelerate & RPMs shoot up

I have a G35 infinity 2006 (automatic) that wont accelerate past 40. I was going about 65 when the RPMs suddenly shot up and my car quickly slowed down. Now the Service engine soon light is on. We took it to get coded and it shot out a code for the front brake solenoid circuit. We ended up replacing the accelerator pedal senor as recommenced by a mechanic/friend and it fixed nothing. So now we are down $250 and still cant pin point the problem. Has this happened to anyone else?? My cars temp gauge is fine and all of the fluids are filled (dont know about trans fluid because its sealed.) I noticed that the rpm doesn't want to go over 2500 and will idle at 1000

Old 10-26-2017, 06:06 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Welcome to G35 Driver! Sorry all we have is bad news for ya!

Unscrew the nut at the top of the trans dip stick, with the engine running check for the level and quality of fluid! S/B red fluid and up to the full level. However I seriously doubt it has anything to do with fluid, instead sounds like a trans clutch issue! One way to find out, take it to a recommended trans shop in your area...we're just guessing not haven't driven your G!
Gary

Old 10-28-2017, 07:52 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
What exact code did you get it will look like P####. Personally I think you should take it to either a reputable transmission shop or the Nissan dealership for a diagnostic. Could be something simple or it could be the transmission expired and needs a proper burial.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I as well started having this problem 2 days ago. I was driving and suddenly i hear a click and my check engine light shows up. Im at a red light with my foot on the brake , as soon as i let go of the brake the car doesnt go. I accelerate and it shoots up on the rpms and the car barely starts moving , I have to step on the gas pedal all the way . Any help or advice ? I haven’t drove since then. And I own a 2006 g35 automatic.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.