Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

O2S1 Bank 1 lean O2S1 Bank 2 rich

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 06:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
O2S1 Bank 1 lean O2S1 Bank 2 rich

Hi everyone. Did a little drive and logged some info. I have a bad exhaust rattle at 2200 so I’m wondering if I have a bad catilytic converter. But I noticed that Bank 1 is a bit lean IMO. And Bank 2 seems a little rich. Wondering if I should order me some cat-deletes since I have exhaust coming tomorrow.

Last edited by TheGuyGuy; 12-05-2017 at 06:39 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:02 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
You can always take the catalytic converters off and give them a visual inspection. In my experience they almost always look melted at one end of the honeycomb or the other. In the meantime pull all 6 spark plugs, they will also give you a good idea of how rich/lean the combustion chamber actually is.

Use your scanner and look up Short Term Fuel Trim (STFT) to see how much compensation the ECU is making, as long as the A/F sensors are working properly the ECU will compensate +/- 25% fuel before you get a service engine light, even after the light is on it can still allow for up to +/- 50% fuel trim to keep the ratio within spec.

Old 12-05-2017, 08:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I just bought the Megan down pipes w/ resonators. Also I did do some monitoring of that at the same time but I couldn't get a good pic of all 4. They seemed to be more centered on 0% which is good. the voltages kind of worried me. It did very about -15% - 15% or so. Mostly center around 0%. Can't wait to get these pipes on

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.