Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

'03 5AT transmission slipping HELP!

Old 03-07-2018, 11:18 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy '03 5AT transmission slipping HELP!

Hey guys,
My '03 5AT is starting to have 5th gear slippage issues. ANY kind of acceleration while the car is in 5th gear causes it to rev up like it is in neutral. I can do easy highway driving with the car in 5th gear, but slight accelerations just rev up the engine now. However, any other gear can handle hard acceleration and seems to be totally fine. Essentially, i have to hit the pedal hard enough where it downshifts to 4th so that i can accelerate, or shift it over to tiptronic mode so 4th becomes the highest gear. This also happens while in cruise control. Anyone else had this problem??

Old 03-07-2018, 03:30 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
How often have you been getting the transmission serviced?

Could the brake sleeve for 4th gear, the clutch ring for 5th, or either of the solenoid valves causing low line pressure on those parts.

Old 03-08-2018, 11:05 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
How often have you been getting the transmission serviced?

Could the brake sleeve for 4th gear, the clutch ring for 5th, or either of the solenoid valves causing low line pressure on those parts.
I only got the car about 15k miles ago, and im not sure what the previous owner did to service the transmission. I also am noticing that the car wants to rev up more in 5th gear as the car warms up. when i first start driving 5th seems fine, but once the car reaches temp. then nope.... I Plan on bringing it to a transmission shop soon.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.