Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Best non longtube Headers to go with?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2021, 10:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
G35 6mt coupe rev up
Best non longtube Headers to go with?

I'm replacing my motor and since it's already out, I was just wonder what would be the best headers to go with? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Old 03-27-2021, 12:37 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,462 Likes on 2,154 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
I think there's only like 5 choices when it comes to shorty headers, OEM HR engine headers, Borla, DC, Z1, Tomei, Megan Racing.

I've only ever heard of folks running either the Tomei or the OEM HR headers. The issue is most folks opt for the long tubes because those have better gains.

If you run the HR headers you need to also run HR cats or test pipes, the flange is different.

Tomei comes with full hardware which is a plus. I'm sure there are some super cheap garbage options out there, I would definitely stay away or you're going to have constant exhaust leak issues.

Old 03-27-2021, 04:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
G35 6mt coupe rev up
Originally Posted by cleric670
I think there's only like 5 choices when it comes to shorty headers, OEM HR engine headers, Borla, DC, Z1, Tomei, Megan Racing.

I've only ever heard of folks running either the Tomei or the OEM HR headers. The issue is most folks opt for the long tubes because those have better gains.

If you run the HR headers you need to also run HR cats or test pipes, the flange is different.

Tomei comes with full hardware which is a plus. I'm sure there are some super cheap garbage options out there, I would definitely stay away or you're going to have constant exhaust leak issues.
Thank you, yea I was planning either Borla or DC.

Old 03-27-2021, 07:05 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,462 Likes on 2,154 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Personally I'd go with the HR if you also planned on getting HFC's or test pipes along with the headers. They're already an OEM proven unit that's just as capable as any other shorty header but they're cheaper.