Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

few questions regarding Cai install...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 12:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
few questions regarding Cai install...

Hey, Im Jeff from Toronto. I Just signed up for this forum because soon I will help my friend install an Injen CAI on his 04 G Coupe, Im an accord guy myself but am lending a helping hand...
Now, I found one DIY: http://maherauf.home.comcast.net/g35/nismocai/ here And i was just wondering if there was any other links that you guys would reccommend as well as tips etc, Do we have to remove the bumper, It didnt look like it reading that Diy which I must say was very well written. Also, We were thinking of removing those phony looking plasticy lower grilles and just have it like an open intake type with a little bit of screen mesh lower in, are those easy to remove? thanks for the help

Old 03-23-2005, 12:57 AM
There are pro's and cons on this intake system. I would consider reading them before even attempting to install it.

questions like:
Any real power gains worth the mods' price?
Will it suck up water?
The A/C line issue?

Consider these before you do it.

If everything has been covered and you know 100% how to clear yourself, then go for it!

Old 03-23-2005, 01:05 AM
well the intake has already been purchased and we are waiting on its arrival. The issue of sucking has been pondered many times and if the filter did ever come in contact with water, then hopefully the bypass valve will do what it is intended to do, its been put on the back burner. and 3 could someon elaborate on the ac line issue?