Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Need Help from those with Cast Crawford

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 03:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help from those with Cast Crawford

Aight here's the scoop. I received the crawford cast plenum 2 weeks ago and brought it to a powdercoater locally to get it repainted (I wanted Black Chrome but it came out Gloss Black! URGH) Anyway, I took pics before I gave it to the powder coater, but they weren't detailed enough. I need to know the following:

1 - Confirmation of which brass fitting goes where. I think I got them all back in the right spot (using my poor pics) but I wanted to confirm.

2 - Confirmation on which fittings get the RTV Gasket Sealant and which get LOCKTITE. I am assuming all the brass fittings that are closest to the Throttle Body get the RTV Gasket Maker/Sealant (3 brass fittings and 1 allen head set screw) and the other 2 I think vacuum fittings just get locktite.

Can anyone that hasn't installed theirs take a look and let me know?

Thanks!

DAM* it posted in the wrong forum! Can a mod move this to the correct forum/ I didn't want to put this in the review forum!
Thanks Again!

Last edited by Diesel1; 04-02-2005 at 05:29 PM.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:47 PM
Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Diesel1
Aight here's the scoop. I received the crawford cast plenum 2 weeks ago and brought it to a powdercoater locally to get it repainted (I wanted Black Chrome but it came out Gloss Black! URGH) Anyway, I took pics before I gave it to the powder coater, but they weren't detailed enough. I need to know the following:

1 - Confirmation of which brass fitting goes where. I think I got them all back in the right spot (using my poor pics) but I wanted to confirm.

2 - Confirmation on which fittings get the RTV Gasket Sealant and which get LOCKTITE. I am assuming all the brass fittings that are closest to the Throttle Body get the RTV Gasket Maker/Sealant (3 brass fittings and 1 allen head set screw) and the other 2 I think vacuum fittings just get locktite.

Can anyone that hasn't installed theirs take a look and let me know?

Thanks!

DAM* it posted in the wrong forum! Can a mod move this to the correct forum/ I didn't want to put this in the review forum!
Thanks Again!
Diesel1, check out Crawford's website, they have full instructions and an addendum for fixing the coolant leaking problems with pictures. This should solve your problems. Take care.

Old 04-03-2005, 11:14 AM
Yeah I tried that, I saw that they only mentioned 3 of the 4 fitttings around the TB portion use the gasket maker. I just want to get it right the first time so I don't have problems after its on the car! Thanks your help though

Old 04-04-2005, 10:17 AM
Otay, Doug from Crawford called me first thing this AM and gave me the low down! All I can say is the service from CRAWFORD is amazing! I don't it's possible for it to be any better!!

Old 04-04-2005, 06:09 PM
Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Diesel1
Otay, Doug from Crawford called me first thing this AM and gave me the low down! All I can say is the service from CRAWFORD is amazing! I don't it's possible for it to be any better!!
I agree, pre-sale service is awesome too.

Old 04-05-2005, 10:58 AM
I wish every company I bought stuff from was half as good!